• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Sending Out Those Queries...

Hey,

I'm getting ready to send out my first query. Oh man! It's so nervewracking. Anyhoo, I was just wondering if there is a limit to how many you can send out.

Meaning, can I send one to a bunch of different agents or do I need to send one and wait, and then send another one?

Well thanks... if you're having trouble writing your query then I can offer some sites that can help you out.

Cya,

Kim

In the Writers Market book I recommended, some agents and publishers state "No simultaneous submissions," or "Simultaneous submissions ok." Follow what they say. Here's how:

Collect all the likely agents for the type of work you’re pitching. Rank them by how good a match they are, how receptive they say they are to new writers, and so forth. Check the top few on your list and see if they are ok with simultaneous submissions. If they are, then go ahead and send it to several of them. If one or two key agents aren't ok with it, then start by querying them one at a time. The other agents can wait.

Back