• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Sent to Principal's Office...

xmissyo

I have this friend who was just recently sent to the principal's office for reading in class. It wasn't even anything bad, but she was supposed to be learning Chemistry, so I guess the teacher was right, but she shouldn't have been sent to see the principal. Anyway, I'm bored and in class, so I'm here since I forgot my book at home.

lol,
I remember one of my friends doing the same thing. She used to read novels during spanish lessons, but she was never sent to the principal's office though, maybe because we had a really cool teacher. :D

LOL! My grammar teacher hated me in high school, because I could listen and read at the same time. I'd be reading a novel when some confusing sentence diagram issue arose, and she'd always pick me to come to the blackboard to diagram the example. I'd mark my place in my book, step to the front of the room, diagram the sentence, put down the chalk and go back to my novel. Lord, but she hated that (and the fact that I'd get top grades on her tests despite ignoring her...) :p ;)

Chin up!
Cathy

My advice is, pay attention in chemistry, physics, math, whatever. You can't get that time back so easily, but you can always catch up on your reading later.

In eighth grade science class (13 years old for you Europeans), I was caught reading Strangers by Dean Koontz. The teacher grabbed the book out of my hands and dropped it in the garbage can. He never said a word, but I still felt totally humiliated, and I know my face turned a very nice shade of red. I retieved it after class and the only thing I read in his class was the textbook.
Getting sent to the principal seems a little extreme. Maybe this wasn't the first time or maybe the teacher was in a bad mood?

cajunmama said:
Yeah, but some teachers get a tad testy when a pupil is reading something other than the assignment during classtime. :rolleyes:
mate. it was chemistry they shouldve just been gratfule they turned up

For the second time today, I find myself forced to agree with Ou Be. There may be hope for him yet.

Reading is important and should be encouraged, but it shouldn't be done when someone is working hard to teach you something important. I'd be pretty offended if I was trying to teach a class and someone was reading a book through my lecture.

dont know everyone its different, i find i can focus more in a lecture if i just listen to it and have my hands and sight focus on something else.
althought i never read a novel while taking clases maybe that would be to complex, but i used to play snake on my cell phone while listening, and never been more focused on what i was listening. if i try to just stay focus on the lecturer i start thinking on other things or daydreaming.
but of course you should know what teacher will allow this kind of behaviour ;)

I guess I have to agree with you guys, but the teacher is a prick of some sort. I used to have him before I switched out for other purposes. He was pretty rude to me, but some people are like that when they meet someone who has a lip piercing, an eyebrow piercing, and pink hair. Of course, now the pink hair is gone (mother and grandmother's wishes), and I've toned down the piercings (switching them with less ostentatious rings). I guess I liked the attention subconsciously, but hated it consciously.

Alright, that was slightly off topic. But, concluding, I think that getting the principal involved was a little drastic, and it should've been resolved in a matter of a few minutes.

Now, a friend of mine is tugging at my jacket trying to get me to go with her for breakfast, so, good day!

If I was the teacher, I would feel very offended as well. BUT, I wouldn't care. It's their grade if they wanna screw it over, their problem. But like someone on here, if they do that and still make good grades, that's great!

I would read in school all the time. I never left home without a novel. I would read when I was done assignments, and between classes, and when the teacher just couldn't seem to settle the class down enough to lecture.
In high school I had a Spanish teacher who would give the same language excersies every day for a week. I would finish the assignment in about 20 minute on monday and read during his class the rest of the week. If only work in the real world were like that. Now I only read during lunch.

My brother got a referral a few years back for reading the newspaper in class. The teacher said he was "sleeping". :mad:

Back