• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Set Cut OFf Amount

King Kovifor

I think there should be a set cut off date to open up a new thread. like 500 posts. SO that it's not 101 pages long.

Let me get this right. When 500 replies have been posted, the thread is closed, and an exact copy of the thread is opened elsewhere?

Why?!

Cheers

Martin - I think what we were getting at is more of a continuation, not a copy, of a long thread. Like Thread Name (500 posts) and Thread Name Part II (next 500 posts). Or something like that. Just so we wouldn't have to go clicking through 50+ pages when we've already read the first 25 pages or so.

Does that make sense?

I see what you are getting at, some threads get very long. But you don't have to click through all the pages you've already read! When you next visit, threads with new posts are in bold. If you click on the little "blue square with white v" icon before the thread title, it automatically takes you to the first un-read (by you) post. Voila! No more tedious trawling through old posts. :) Hope this helps.

Hi King Kovifor.

There isn't a simple way to get the forum software to automatically close threads after x replies, and it's not something I think we need to customise the code to get it to do.

If you feel a thread is getting too long and going nowhere, drop a PM to myself or one of the mods and we'll look into it.

Thanks.

Darren.

Back