• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

SF Series Recommendations

Suggestions from us, Arthur C. Clarke's 2001 trilogies (there was a fourth entitled 3001 but not so good as the originals), Harry Harrison's Stainless Steel Rat series and the much underrated Eden trilogy (this should appeal to you if you enjoyed Dune).

3001 was OK. If anything, it did bring closure to the whole series. Out of the whole series I enjoyed 2063 the most.

Although they may be Warhammer 40,000 I find that the Gaunt's Ghosts novels by Dan Abnett are very easy to pick up but very difficult to put down. The books do not require much (if any) knowledge of the Warhammer universe and Dan Abnett writes in such a way that the story progresses quickly without ending too soon. I have only read the first two books in the series and am desperately seeking the third book.

The series begins with the book First and Only, which is primarily used to introduce the setting - The Sabbat World Crusade. The second book - Ghostmaker, then proceeds to provide the reader with an insight into each character's past.

Nostredame
I just finished all three books, and thought they were great. Are there any other gaunt's ghost novels, or just these three?

Back