• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Shadowmarch - Tad Williams

mick

I just finished Shadowmarch, and now can't wait for the other 2 books.
I loved this book. When I first picked it up, I thought it looked LONG, but then was disappointed when I put it down because I was ready for more.
I thought the characters were well written. The character development throughout the book was great.
This is the only novel I've read by Tad Williams, but I found him to be a great writer. He was imaginitive and entertaining, and now I'm anxious to read more by him.

I just started Shadowmarch although I was reluctant to because it looked very long but I'm hoping I'll be able to get into it. So far, I'm not sure if I'll be able to but it sounds like it was worth it so I'll give it a try.

I haven't read Shadowmarch, but I have read TW's Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn trilogy and liked (and would recommend) that. The trilogy I read is strictly fantasy, but I've heard his other series (Otherland) is more in the genre of cyberpunk. It's supposed to be good though, as is his standalone book The War of the Flowers. They're all doorstopper size.

How was the pacing in Shadowmarch? I found that MS&T could have been prunned a good bit and still been just as good. It really dragged at some points. Still, I enjoyed it.

Tad Williams is a phenomenal author. I usually stick to fantasy/medieval books, but after reading his "Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn" series, I tried reading his Otherland series which is in a future setting, perhaps 100 years from present day (maybe a little longer, I forget exactly) and it was also fantastic.

Shadowmarch is the first of a 3 book series, is it not? How far along is he in this series. I remember reading the first book, and the others had not yet been written. I found the first one to be quite good, although there were quite a few comparison's that could be drawn to the original 3 book series he wrote.

Mathius

I believe the second book Shadowplay is already out but not the third. Shadowmarch is my first Tad Williams book and I'm hoping it will get me back into the fantasy genre, so far the pacing is pretty good- it seems to be moving along quite fast actually.

Back