• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

she deserves it

shaunx

kickbox
harry potter author J.K Rowling deserves all the honour that she is getting now.though she became more richer than the queen of england with her books.she needs a big round of applause for that..

I don't 'get' Harry-Potter-mania. I've tried to read the first one and the third one of the series, but it just doesn't do anything for me.

There are authors who have worked astonishingly hard to write a book, to 'make new' the language, but Rowling isn't one of them, so to say that she deserves her success is to belittle hard-working authors with talent.

She was a single mum struggling to survive when she wrote the first book, so I did not begrudge her the money she has made.

HOWEVER, she wasn't the only one. And some of those others are far more talented and deserving of success.

(And no, I'm not one of them. I would hate to have to write a book.)

I totally disagree with Gabrielle. J.K. rowling is like a prodigy. She did create a new language. Her writing is amazing. When I think of wizards, I think of her. She created a new world of wizardry, something that didn't exist.

The stupid show, 'wizards of waverly place' is such a copycat.

Don't put J.K.R down. She's awesome.

You can keep your negative comments to yourself. This is a place to honor Rowling's success.

What amazes me the most is that when I speak about HP with my coworkers, they tell me that their children who need to be told to read books doesn't need to be told when it comes to HP. I've asked my kid to read it once more, and he spent the whole day and more catching up on the series.

I love the detailed, focused paragraphes within the book.

I don't 'get' Harry-Potter-mania. I've tried to read the first one and the third one of the series, but it just doesn't do anything for me.

I'm not a Potter fan as well and the only reason I've read the entire series is to be "in" with my nephews. Having said that, I can see why children are so taken by it. An alternate world much like ours but with magic included - allows kids to indulge without taking them too far away from what they know.

There are authors who have worked astonishingly hard to write a book, to 'make new' the language, but Rowling isn't one of them, so to say that she deserves her success is to belittle hard-working authors with talent.

I like my medium rare rib eye steak as much as I like my triple slap-it-on-the-grill cheeseburger. I like Ella Fitzgerald as much as Nine Inch Nails. And I'd like to think that a preference for one doesn't discredit the other in any way.

Maybe she's not talented in a we'd appreciate, but she has managed to create a mania, sustain it, and entice many young readers to give reading a go. And for that alone, I think she deserves a hearty pat on the back.

(And no, I'm not one of them. I would hate to have to write a book.)

Give it a try. It might give you insights into a writer's craft or perhaps even prove how astonishingly "unhard" she's worked to get where she is :)

Try book 4...1 and 2 are way too kiddie for me... 3 is okay...but I did enjoy 4. Its where the danger started to become more potent.

J.K Rowling has achieved a lot of what most writers don't. She has made millions from developing an idea into something every child dreams of. Her popularity speaks for itself. Let's not forget the books were written for children, not adults. But I do know a lot of adults who have enjoyed them as much as the kids. I would like to thank J.K Rowling for helping children with their imaginations.

This generation of kids has every excuse not to read. The amount of eye catching electronic entertainment they have access to is mind boggling. It is easy for them to be bored even thinking about staring at a page of text when they could be engaging in some high resolution MMORPG with their friends.

Rowling took that generation and showed them the joy of reading. So yeah, I respect that.

This generation of kids has every excuse not to read. The amount of eye catching electronic entertainment they have access to is mind boggling. It is easy for them to be bored even thinking about staring at a page of text when they could be engaging in some high resolution MMORPG with their friends.

Rowling took that generation and showed them the joy of reading. So yeah, I respect that.

I agree with you 100%!

Back