• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Sherlock: BBC TV Series

I should be sleeping, but a quick note to say I finished the second season, and it's great, but I think the first season slightly stronger. I loved the last of the 3 episodes though, called the reichenbach falls, and Sherlock appeared more of an asshole than he did the the story of the same name, all the up to the ending!

Ever since I learnt Martin freeman is Bilbo, I couldn't help but see him as a halfling the whole time I was watching, and that was distracting. For me of course.

Anyone else saw it?

I just received for Christmas the original series of Sherlock Holmes. It is fun to watch those episodes in black and white :) The audio is even choppy, so they didn't even enhance it from the original. I love it!!

Wouldn't "House" or "Psych" already count as US modern-day takes on Sherlock Holmes (one being about a super-smart doctor and the other being a super smart guy who has to fake being a psychic in order to be taken seriously as a detective)?

And let's not forget that new show, "The Finder", that just popped up on Fox!

Let us not forget "The Mentalist", he is definitely inspirred by Sherlock.

direstraits, do you have a theory for how Sherlock managed to pull the
fake death plunge
?

Eclair, I missed your post, sorry (of course, not logging in for years actually contributed to that, but I nitpick).

Actually, there are some theories floating around, but I think the strongest has to do with
Sherlock approaching Molly at the morgue for a 'favour'
which of course possibly means that
he somehow switched and threw a corpse down for the drop.
But the question is then
how he actually managed it,
and whether
the same is true with Moriarty

Those of you who haven't yet watched the series are now itching to see the spoilers... :)

Eclair, I missed your post, sorry (of course, not logging in for years actually contributed to that, but I nitpick).

Actually, there are some theories floating around, but I think the strongest has to do with
Sherlock approaching Molly at the morgue for a 'favour'
which of course possibly means that
he somehow switched and threw a corpse down for the drop.
But the question is then
how he actually managed it,
and whether
the same is true with Moriarty

Those of you who haven't yet watched the series are now itching to see the spoilers... :)
Are the spoilers for season 1 or season 2?

Season 2.

Then there's the hallucinatory drug thingy from the Baskerville episode - if I wanted to fake my death and make sure that my best friend believed he actually saw my dead body, something like that might come in handy...

Season 2.

Then there's the hallucinatory drug thingy from the Baskerville episode - if I wanted to fake my death and make sure that my best friend believed he actually saw my dead body, something like that might come in handy...

Would that make him see
a body with the head of a hound
?

Yeah, it's a heckuva great series, but guys!, it's a television series. Some of the threads (not here, admittedly) I've seen are simply over the top ad nauseum about the whys, wherefores, how did the fall happen, did this happen, did that happen.............Good grief! It'll all come out in the wash next season. :roll:

^ The wait time between seasons is too long, speculation is a way of keeping it at the forefront. People do get into it a little too much though....not me...other people..I don't even think about it...ahem.

To dredge up this old thread.....we've just watched the first episode of the third season. Was anyone else disappointed?

And, how do y'all manage to put in spoiler tags?

I liked the scene in the restaurant, but other than that I thought it was disappointing.

Spoiler tags are in a drop-down menu under the doohickey that is third to the right of the smiley.

Back