• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Short story title??

Stalky

When I was in middle school, the teacher read us a story about a kid who had some crowns on his teeth, and found out that he could pick up radio stations with them. When he went to school, the teacher couldn't figure out where the noise was coming from, and by opening and closing his mouth he could make it get louder and softer. I can't remember the name of this story, or the author ... has anyone else read this?

Dont remember that one exactly, but I do remember something about a kid who could read minds due to his fillings. Then the dentist fixed it and it wouldn't work anymore.

Um ... I really don't know. It was so long ago, and I wasn't paying very close attention. It could have been anything, for all I know - Anything, with a capital A.

In the story, the parents ask the dentist about it, and the dentist said it should wear off, and it did. He didn't have to fix it.

Oh, a mind is a terrible thing to lose! Sorry I can't be more helpful.

not sure if it's one you're looking for but there is a children's book fro the 1980s called something like 'fat men from space' about a boy who picks up alien radio signals through his teeth

Back