• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Should I or Shouldn't I?

Steph

I read Ender's Game (the first one) for a school project and I thought it was okay. It had alot of disgusting and disturbing remarks (or is that just the author?). I thought you could really tell it was an older novel. I really like the newer sci-fi books. Sooooo, I was wondering, for anyone that has read the sequals of Ender's Game, if they are, in fact, worth reading and why.

For someone who thinks Ender's Game is just okay, I'm not so sure the sequels would be worth it. Ender's Game is one of my favorite books, and yet I didn't get all that enthused about the sequels. I did like the one that was written from Bean's point of view, but I must not have liked it that much or I would be remembering the title. :D

Personaly like the person above me, Ender books are one of my favourite SciFi books. Although the original and the one with the same story from another characters perspective were a nice look at how events can have 2 different sides. I can probably say the sequals to those books were the more entertaining ones out of the series. So yes, I do reccomend you read them, you can skip the " other perspective" one until the end and you just want to read more about the same storyline.

I actually like the Ender's books increasingly as the series progresses. Card gets better at writing--especially in the area of viewpoint--and the novels feel more full to me. So, I highly recommend SPEAKER and XENOCIDE.

One warning, however--don't go into them expecting to read ENDER'S GAME over again. The sequels have a very different feel to them, and take place many years after the first. Ender is in them, but he has grown up, and feels very different. The later books are less and less about him, and more and more about other characters.

SHADOW is the one to read if you want ENDER'S GAME over again. Because, well, that's exactly what it is, except with Bean.

i've read the first one and really enjoyed it, and plan on starting on ender's shadow as soon as summer classes are over

Steph said:
I read Ender's Game (the first one) for a school project and I thought it was okay. It had alot of disgusting and disturbing remarks (or is that just the author?).

What kind of remarks? Sexual/racist/bigotted type?

Back