• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Should poetry writer pay for reviews

gerard quain

kickbox
Should poetry writer pay for their ebooks to be reviewed , my answer is no, because you will never know if your review has been given honestly of is given in hope of future work , or repeat business, be careful , the only review worthwhile is that of a reader who chooses freely to write a review based on how they perceived your work , this of course is my opinion, but as an add on, I am tired of sites that now almost insist on you paying for review

Should poetry writer pay for their ebooks to be reviewed , my answer is no, because you will never know if your review has been given honestly of is given in hope of future work , or repeat business, be careful , the only review worthwhile is that of a reader who chooses freely to write a review based on how they perceived your work , this of course is my opinion, but as an add on, I am tired of sites that now almost insist on you paying for review

In the academic world, you do so for the love of doing it. I think the same thing should apply for the kind of reviews that you are speaking about.

Reactions: anu
thanking is fine and not unappreciated, but what do you think? It is a conversation killing response.
It costs nothing to be polite, and I try to be always polite, as it being conversation killer , this maybe true, but as my view on paid reviews being so definite then its not surprising that conversation is short

You got me curious gerard, what have you done in the past and what do others do that you know. I'm not a writer by any means, so I'm curious what your perspective is.

You got me curious gerard, what have you done in the past and what do others do that you know. I'm not a writer by any means, so I'm curious what your perspective is.
if you want to check out what I have done ,then just google my name gerard quain , or go tto the top of my profile page and check the links, from what I have seen on varying writing sites , paying for reviews is now causing real problems

A lot of poetry "contests" have reading fees to enter, but I guess then you just have to look at the general reputation of the contest. In general, paying for a review isn't a good idea.

Back