• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Should you write what you love, or what you think the world wants?

I'd say "Damn! I accidentally made more money again!" Then I'd try another assumed name. Something that people will never guess is a pseudonym. Like Richard Bachman.
Hey! I was going to use that one.

Ever notice women authors always use male pen names? Not so much the other way around.

Yes, that does seem true. Can we think of anyone who's a guy but uses a female pseudonym?

There's Peter O'Donnell who wrote as Madeleine Brent and Christopher Wood as Rosie Dixon... obviously I stole these answers from Google, but there are plenty of men who write under female pseudonyms.

Collection of authors eh. That reminds me of Ellery Queen... I have to say I was shocked to discover that really wasn't an Ellery Queen at all...

Probably lol I have certainly read many of the other masters of crime, but I looked 'him' up and Ellory Queen is two cousins from New York.

I'm not googling now, but I thought I remembered that over the years there were many other authors who were commissioned to write under that name, not just the two of them.

(Yes, I'm too lazy to google, even as I type this on an Internet forum)

Back