• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Sigrid Undset

Magnolia_Moth

Apparently not many people enjoy this author... well, it is a little slow to read from time to time but i still love her work, amazingly written, well structured (that's one of the reasons i hate García Marquez, complete lack of structure), beautiful stories and characters and of course as long as it is medieval... I'm a sucker for historic novels, such as Kristina Lavransdatter by miss Undset :p

Anyway, are there any other Undset's fans???

I have that book!!! :D
I have had so much about "Kristin Lavransdatter" at school that I've become pretty sick of her. I've reached the point were I'm no longer sure if I've read the book or not. I'm no fan of hers. Cora Sandel is faaaaar better or Amalie Skram (of what I've heard about her) or Camilla Collet for that matter. I don't see why she even got the nobel prize!!! But that's my opinion. When it comes to religion she was rather "distressed". We have another Norwegian writer who reminds me of her; Anna Karin Elstad, in case you want to check out her. I think her books have been translated. Not sure. You might like "Julie".

Kind of cool though, that someone outside Norway have actually read her. Impressive. ;)

PS! Have you seen the movie? I remember seeing it in school... and really: no comments!

Magnolia_Moth said:
Apparently not many people enjoy this author... well, it is a little slow to read from time to time but i still love her work, amazingly written, well structured (that's one of the reasons i hate García Marquez, complete lack of structure), beautiful stories and characters and of course as long as it is medieval... I'm a sucker for historic novels, such as Kristina Lavransdatter by miss Undset :p

Anyway, are there any other Undset's fans???

I have the trilogy! Its in one of the stacks, but high on the list, a friend that is of Norwegian extraction recommended it. I know I'll like it as I've read a little in the beginning.

Right now I am not even sure what I think about Undset. I read Kristina Lavransdatter a long time ago and I thought it was good, although I wouldn't rate it as one of my favourites. Last year I read The Master of Hestviken and it finished in a charity shop. The writing is the same and I don't know if the reason I didn't like it was that I found the characters so irritating or that my taste has changed over the years (I have not reread Kristina).

Back