• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

SILENT COUNSEL - "A complex story and heart-pounding climax."

KenIsaacson

SILENT COUNSEL - "A complex story and heart-pounding climax that will have readers looking forward to Isaacson's next." - Kirkus Reviews
"Readers will be riveted by this morally complex story." - Booklist
Legal Thriller at promo Kindle price of $0.99 (Beat the June 1 price increase...)

----------------------------------------------------

Suppose the unimaginable: What if your child were killed in a hit-and-run? And the one person who knew the driver's identity - his lawyer - couldn't tell you his name because of a legal technicality?

Silent Counsel is the story of just such a nightmare.

After Stacy Altman's six-year-old son is run down in front of their house, with no witnesses to the tragic accident, she learns that the driver has hired attorney Scott Heller to negotiate a plea arrangement with the prosecutor. But he's instructed Scott not to reveal his name until a satisfactory agreement is in place. The prosecutor refuses to make a deal, and the court rebuffs Stacy's efforts to force Scott to tell her - or even the authorities - who his client is, holding that the information is protected by the attorney-client privilege.

Since the court won't do anything to help Stacy track down her son's killer, she takes matters into her own hands. And she's determined to make Scott talk - at any cost...

---------------------------------------------------

Upon its hardcover release in the US, Silent Counsel appeared for four consecutive weeks on Amazon's list of Bestselling Legal Thrillers behind only two other titles: John Grisham's THE APPEAL and Harper Lee's TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD.

"Ken Isaacson is an exciting new voice in crime fiction, and SILENT COUNSEL is his stunning debut - a legal thriller with a fascinating twist that will keep you turning pages to the unpredictable conclusion."
- Linda Fairstein, New York Times bestselling author and former prosecutor

"Ken Isaacson scares us with the ultimate ethical nightmare: what if you endanger your family just by doing your job? SILENT COUNSEL is a smashing debut, with everything you could want in a legal thriller."
- Tess Gerritsen, author of THE MEPHISTO CLUB

The end is near. Of the $0.99 promo price for SILENT COUNSEL. Final day.

The end is near. Not of the world, but of the $0.99 promo price for SILENT COUNSEL.

Beat the June 1 price increase...

Silent Counsel

I didn't twig to the fact that it was your own book that you were writing about. Anyway, logged on to Amazon.ca and the book is unavailable - it can be ordered and sent out when available. Why is it not available when it was written in 2007? Our library doesn't carry it. momac :confused:

Momac,

Thanks for your interest. New copies of the print version of SILENT COUNSEL are, indeed, hard to find. The hard cover, having been released in 2007, sold out quite a while ago (as did the second printing in 2008). :)

The special pricing referred to in my post--which ends today--is for the Kindle and Nook versions. Are either of those available to you in Canada? If not, I believe new or used print copies are available through Amazon.ca from third party vendors.

As for your library not having a copy, tell them I said "Shame on you." ;)

Sorry for the confusion. Hope this helps!

(P.S. - Thanks for teaching me a new term. Twig.)

Silent Counsel

Amazon.ca just wanted me to order the book and they would send me one when it became available - no timeline given. I don't have an e-book - tried one and didn't have the required program or whatever on my computer to download it to get it going so back it went to the store. I prefer books anyway - I like to be able to turn pages or flip back if I figure I've missed something. Will investigate further to see if I can find a copy. momac :flowers:

Momac,

Amazon's "we'll let you know when it's available" line isn't realistic, as newly printed copies will not become available. The curse of being sold out.:)

If e-copies aren't an option for you, and if you can't find it in your library, then a reputable third-party vendor listed on SILENT COUNSEL's Amazon page is your best bet.

Thanks again for your interest...

Best,

As prophesied (and forewarned), the price Kindle and Nook price of Silent Counsel increased on June 1. But it's still a great deal, at only $1.99.

So do check it out.

And you can now follow me on Twitter at @KenIsaacson....

SILENT COUNSEL - "A complex story and heart-pounding climax that will have readers looking forward to Isaacson's next." - Kirkus Reviews
Legal Thriller at promo Kindle price of $2.99

Suppose the unimaginable: What if your child were killed in a hit-and-run? And the one person who knew the driver's identity - his lawyer - couldn't tell you his name because of a legal technicality?

After Stacy Altman's six-year-old son is run down in front of their house, with no witnesses to the tragic accident, she learns that the driver has hired attorney Scott Heller to negotiate a plea arrangement with the prosecutor. But he's instructed Scott not to reveal his name until a satisfactory agreement is in place. The prosecutor refuses to make a deal, and the court rebuffs Stacy's efforts to force Scott to tell her - or even the authorities - who his client is, holding that the information is protected by the attorney-client privilege.

Since the court won't do anything to help Stacy track down her son's killer, she takes matters into her own hands. And she's determined to make Scott talk - at any cost...

Upon its hardcover release in the US, Silent Counsel appeared for four consecutive weeks on Amazon's list of Bestselling Legal Thrillers behind only two other titles: John Grisham's THE APPEAL and Harper Lee's TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD.

"Ken Isaacson is an exciting new voice in crime fiction, and SILENT COUNSEL is his stunning debut - a legal thriller with a fascinating twist that will keep you turning pages to the unpredictable conclusion."

"Ken Isaacson scares us with the ultimate ethical nightmare: what if you endanger your family just by doing your job? SILENT COUNSEL is a smashing debut, with everything you could want in a legal thriller."

For one day only (today, December 12, 2012), SILENT COUNSEL is available as a free Kindle download.

Kindle Freebie - February 8

Another Kindle Freebie Day - one day only - February 8, 2013
Last promo resulted in 35,000 downloads in a single day. Seeking to break that record.

Am part way through Silent Counsel - really enjoying the suspense - didn't get it on the freebie day -bought it yesterday - really very reasonable. Have you written any other legal thrillers?

Canuck,

Glad you're enjoying SILENT COUNSEL. As for more, I'm finishing up my next, but there's no date set for availability. You can go to my website, Official website of Ken Isaacson, and sign up for my mailing list, so you'll receive word.

I see from your profile that you're a fan of Ken Follett. At this year's upcoming Edgar Awards Banquet (Mystery Writers of America), he's being awarded the Grand Master nod, and I'm excited that he may be attending. I go every year, and am looking forward to shaking his hand!

Canuck,

Glad you're enjoying SILENT COUNSEL. As for more, I'm finishing up my next, but there's no date set for availability. You can go to my website, Official website of Ken Isaacson, and sign up for my mailing list, so you'll receive word.

I see from your profile that you're a fan of Ken Follett. At this year's upcoming Edgar Awards Banquet (Mystery Writers of America), he's being awarded the Grand Master nod, and I'm excited that he may be attending. I go every year, and am looking forward to shaking his hand!

Have visited your website and posted about finishing the book. Great reading. Yes, I like Ken Follett. One of the books I particularly liked and I'm not sure I have the title correct was "The Flight of the Hornet". Hope you get to meet up with him at the Awards Banquet.

Back