• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Silly question distantly related to 'Watership Down'.

Martin

I remember watching 'Watership Down' as a kid (thoroughly enjoyed it, needless to say), and I also remember another animated film that I saw around the same time (about 15 years ago). This other animated film was drawn in the same style as 'Watership Down', and it was also (I believe) just as old (or new, at that time).

It was about two dogs, who managed to escape from a laboratory, in which they were experimented upon. These dogs could talk (like the rabbits in 'Watership Down') and underwent several adventures (non of which I can remember; all I know is that they were being followed by the people who conducted these experiments). Two things I do remember. The first thing is the end, which I'm going to give away right now, so don't read on if you do not wish to know. It ends with the two dogs running into the ocean, and swimming towards open sea, because they are under the impression that, somewhere out there, there is some kind of dog-paradise. The second thing that I remember is that I was completely crushed, once it dawned on me that they were going to die (I was very young when I saw this, so I was just as naive and gullable as those dogs; I actually believed there was a dog-paradise. Can't remember how long it took me to figure it out, but it crushed me).

I can also remember the title, but only in Dutch (the film was dubbed). The title was 'Een Hondenleven Voor Twee', which roughly translates as 'A Doglife For Two' (or 'A Dog's Life For Two').

Can anybody please tell me the real English title of this film. I think this is the film that got me hooked on films, that got me so totally addicted, simply because it was the first film to have such an enormous impact upon me. It's been bothering me for years now. If anybody knows, please let me know via this thread.

Cheers, Martin :D

Martin:

I can't be sure, but when I read your post the name "The Plague Dogs" sprang to mind. I'm sure this was an Adams book, but I didn't know if it was a film title or even the one you're after! Typing this title into Google brings up an animated film about dogs escaping from a laboratory, so it might be right! :)

Oh my God...

Do you have any idea of how long this has been bothering me? And you solved it! Thank you so, so much!

"The Plague Dogs".

Don't know what to say, so I'll just shup up and scan the net for everything even remotely related to this novel/film!

Thanks again, Halo, I owe you bigtime.

Cheers, (an ecstatic) Martin :D

That's OK Martin, the bill is in the post! :)

Seriously, I'm glad that's sorted for you, because it's so annoying when you can't remember the name of something, isn't it?

Back