• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Similar books like Feist's?

DemonKnight

Hey all i am a big Feist fan, I love his whole world of Midkemia, with Pug and thomas, Good old Jimmy the Hand, Eric VonDarkmoor, Roo, Talon the list can go on and on. Since i own and have read everyone of this books i am sorta bored now, I am interested in finding a new series to read (untill the 4th book of the conclave of shadows comes out) Are there any books out there sorta like Feists? What i mean is like the world he made up, how he develops his characters, and follows them through. A nice mix of magic and sword fighting. Pretty much a copy cat of feist lol if there is someone that can accomplish that?

If you haven't already, pick up George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series, which starts with A Game of Thrones.

It's similar to Feist in this sense: it's epic, it's full of interesting characters in a world he made up, the characters are well developed and boy does he follow them through (in more ways than one). There's some magic and plenty of sword fighting. That's where the similarities end, though. Everything from plot to prose is superior, in my opinion.

It's the best fantasy series out there that I've read yet.

ds

The Riftwar series was the very first fantasy I read, and just adored it. The next books I read were David Eddings' series. I started with The Diamond Throne in The Elenium series, although most people would tell you to start with Pawn of Prophecy in the Belgariad series. They're both good, and have a similar action-oriented story-line with magic and swords and all that good stuff. There's also a nice bit of humour :)

After that I'd try some Robin Hobb with her(?) Assassin's Apprentice series.

And then there's Terry Goodkind, of whom people have mixed feelings, but I really enjoyed.

I know this is a listing of 'big name' fantasy authors, but these are the writers who really got me into the genre, and I think they make a good starting point.

I can really think of any. Nothing could possibly be as good as Raymond E. Feist, but you could try The Dragonlance Chronicles by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman or maybe the Rigante Series by David Gemmel, they're not too similar but they are alont the same lines.

I never really got into Dragonlance, although I did enjoy one series - the one with the seasons in the title: Dragons of Autumn something, Dragons of Winter something... That was pretty good. I should give it another go sometime.

You should, they are exactly how fantasy should be, second only to Feist. the books are called the Dragonlance Chronicles (Dragons of Autumn Twilight, Dragons of Winter Night and Dragons of Spring Dawning), I just went through both my bookshelves and the 9 stacks of books dotted about my room to get those titles, i eventually found them- in my desk drawer :D

Thanks Fistandantilus! I knew they were something like that. I've popped them on my TBR and I'm sure that I'll get around to them eventually.

You're Welcome

You're Welcome Kookamoor, you should definately read them agian, there are some brilliant characters such as my favourite, Raistlin

Back