• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Siska...fellow europeans

francesca

I'm not really expecting anyone to respond to this thread, but there is something I'm dying to know...
Siska for the uninitiated is a German cop programme. Siska is the rather enigmatic and sexy cop, and he has a couple of sidekicks, a young go-getter and a dear middle aged man who spends a lot of time fussing about the coffee mugs. Its a pretty good programme, with interesting story-lines.

The odd thing is this, the 'guest' actors who variously play murderers, victims, close friends of both, seem to be pulled from a very small pool of actors, they are re-cycled so often that I'm sure it must be deliberate, as if they are all members of some kind of theatre/TV group. Sometimes it throws a bit of a farcical light on the drama, as someone might be a pycho son one week and the following week another victims innocent husband.

Have any fellow europeans seen this? Does anyone know what I am talking about!

I haven't seen it, but I can see how it would be confusing to see the same actors in different roles -- a bit like a soap opera or a sketch show.

(We have ARD and ZDF here, does it air on either of those? I'm always looking to improve my German. ;))

lies said:
(We have ARD and ZDF here, does it air on either of those? I'm always looking to improve my German. ;))

I don't know that as I'm watching it in Italy, dubbed of course. Maybe someone on here will be able to answer that though.

lies said:
Don't worry, I googled it myself. It airs (aired?) on ZDF apparently.

*shudders* Poor you!

I ought to try that again, I couldnt find anything the first time I searched. Well now dubbing! I would never watch anything in the UK that was dubbed, but here its an art form in itself, and actually the Italians do it very well. Tom Cruise dubbed sounds exactly like Tom Cruise speaking Italian. I don't like the idea per se, but if it has to be done, it has to be done well.

The only German cop show I've seen (and avoided) is Inspector/Kommissar Rex, it's about a cop dog called Rex and his master.

Wolhay said:
The only German cop show I've seen (and avoided) is Inspector/Kommissar Rex, it's about a cop dog called Rex and his master.
I have fond memories of some German krimi... We used to watch them on Sunday evenings. "Ein Fall für zwei" was much more popular with my siblings than Derrick or anything else ever was though.

Wolhay said:
In Sweden it's shown after midnight.

Really? In the channel I saw it, it was 4 or 5 in the afternoon on Sundays. Adults didn't watch it. It was mostly under 12s.

as far as the show recycling actors, it probly has something to do with what ever studio produces the shows budget, as far as maybe shooting more than one episode a day and keeping the numbers of actors in that particular studio under contract because of money reasons as opposed to hiring new ones for every episode. but like i said i could be completly wrong

ps i cant spell

Zolipara said:
There can be only one Derrick.

:)

I love Inspector Derrick!

Comissario Rex is shown here at prime time as well, but then kid's dont seem to go to bed before midnight, so that should tell you what Italian TV is like.

liktareadmore63 said:
as far as the show recycling actors, it probly has something to do with what ever studio produces the shows budget, as far as maybe shooting more than one episode a day and keeping the numbers of actors in that particular studio under contract because of money reasons as opposed to hiring new ones for every episode. but like i said i could be completly wrong

ps i cant spell

I would think that if it was a cheap looking programme, but it isn't. It seems to have very high production values, and the acting is excellent.

Back