• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Site Facelift & New Features

Darren

The main website for The Book Forum has undergone some big changes.

The homepage now has loads more content and information, and has become a full portal to the rest of the site. It brings information from all the other areas into one summary page.

The first of our new "Book Channels" has now come online. Each Book Channel acts as a centre point for information relating to the genre of book. The first channel is childrens' fiction.

Each channel contains all the latest
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Release Dates
  • Latest Discussions
  • Web Sites
  • Offers & Bargains

If you like one particular gentre of book, then these Book Channels will be ideal for you. They aim to bring all the information about that genre together into one easily accessible place.

Our aim is to make The Book Forum your one stop resource for everything related to books and reading.

I hope you like them.

Any comments, suggestions, or bug, then please post in this thread.

Enjoy!

Darren.

I'm all for centralization, but you gave me quite the shock: everything seemed out of place at first. It'll grow on me though. Great idea, those book channels!

Glad you like the Book Channel idea. I'll add some more when I get time. The backend is in place so it's fairly quick to bring a new channel online.

What types of Book Channel would people like? I'm guessing SciFi and Fantasy channels would be popular?

Would people prefer the "latest forum discussions" bit to be back at the top of the homepage where it was before? I moved it down so people would scroll down the page to see the rest of the new content :)

Originally posted by Darren Lewis
What types of Book Channel would people like? I'm guessing SciFi and Fantasy channels would be popular?
I think you're spot on there. Maybe a historical channel, a non fiction channel and a comic channel? Basically the same things that have their own forum, and then grow from there. At least that's how I'd see it.

Originally posted by Darren Lewis
Would people prefer the "latest forum discussions" bit to be back at the top of the homepage where it was before? I moved it down so people would scroll down the page to see the rest of the new content :)
Well, I think I'd prefer it, but since it's such a cunning plan, I think you should stick to it and makes us scroll our fingers off.

Back