• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Slow

RainbowGurl

I'm finding this site is very slow. I restarted my computer so I know its not my computer because this board is still slow...

Is anyone haveing the same problem?

When I clicked on New topic it took 4 minuets to get on here... When I comment it takes a long time to get onto the page and it often says, "This page cannot be displayed". I click the back button but it doesn't work. or it just freezes the board so I have to restart the board.

It's pissing me off! :mad:

I'm OK too, maybe because the server has been moved over here? Or it could just be that I'm missing the bad times because we're in different time zones. It might help Darren if you let him know when it is happening.

There's lots of reasons why the site could appear slow to some users. A lot depends on your ISP.

The server is currently OK and all systems are online.

Let me know if it happens again.

A "tracert" can help. If you type "tracert thebookforum.com" from a command prompt (start -> run -> cmd.exe) it will list the route the data follows between your PC and thebookforum server.

Darren.

Yeah, I could do that - if it weren't for the fact that the result would be complete jibberish to me.

Cheers, Martin

It was yesterday afternoon, from around lunch time till evening time. It wouldn't have been my ISP as I was checking from work early on and then my home connection later on. Wasn't having problems with any other sites. In fact I was having a pretty speedy service.

I can run tracert though if it does it again, as fortunately I do know what you're talking about. :)

I concur with the time Litany said - yesterday afternoon-ish. I, too, had a decent connection, when it came to other webpages - this was the only slow one. And considering the amout of people who reacted to the two threads on this topic, I doubt it had to do with ISP's.

And I know what a tracert is, but I just can't interpret the results.

Cheers, Martin

That's the deal, I can't seem to copy and paste them.

But as I said, I honestly don't believe it's due to my ISP.

Cheers, Martin

Martin said:

Cheers, Martin

I don't think so either. You were having trouble, I was having trouble, I know El Beardo Diablo was having trouble too. We're in different countries and as nothing else was misbehaving I think it was the site going wiggy.

Martin said:
That's the deal, I can't seem to copy and paste them.

Cheers, Martin

To output the trace to a text file, type tracert thebookforum.com > c:\trace.txt at the command prompt. You can then copy and paste the info or send it to me.

Looks like it wasn't an ISP issue if lots or people have noticed a problem. I honestly don't know. I didn't get any emails from the datacentre or the monitoring service. At least it's all working OK now :)

Darren Lewis said:
Looks like it wasn't an ISP issue if lots or people have noticed a problem. I honestly don't know. I didn't get any emails from the datacentre or the monitoring service. At least it's all working OK now :)

I wasn't getting any error messages when I was trying to access the site. It was just really, really, reeeeeaaaalllly slow, and it would just freeze before it had completed loading. Then there'd be a clear spot and it would load as normal, and then 3 minutes later I'd be trying to look at new posts or check my messages and it would freeze up again.

Darren, do you have any use for the ISP-data? Would it help if I copied that and posted it here, or PM'ed it to you?

Cheers, Martin

Martin said:
Darren, do you have any use for the ISP-data? Would it help if I copied that and posted it here, or PM'ed it to you?

Cheers, Martin

Only if there's a problem as it should hopefully show where the bottleneck is. If everything's fine at your end then I wouldn't worry too much.

Thanks.

Darren.

Back