• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Snowflakes In Our Midst

Vespertilio91

Snowflakes In Our Midst

The White Lady
Who Captains o'er her kingdom
From her souless star of ice,
She watches, vigilant,
But dreams of moonlit nights and love--
Love that will outlast eternity.

She searches high and low
Through circlular tracks; she overreacts
And cries herself to sleep.

Her shattering tears descend from heaven
On wings of purest white, fluttering from our darkened sky.
Her tears
Gently land on land and Sprout!
A blossom on the barren earthen wasteland.
And from so much is born.

The blossom children escape her rule--
But she will watch
Her Love forever as we
Frolic on her plains.
And her shed tears, on the wings of snow white butterflies,
Replace her fallen sons.
We are but snowflakes in our midst,
Unique, but formed the same.​

Yesh, this is the one I wrote for the poetry slam, at the poetry slam, and read at the poetry slam, with some modifications of course! Do you like it?

Very nice. I especially like the shattering tears bit. It makes me picture glass falling from her eyes and stuff, and that makes me picture a whole lot of ice, and that makes me picture a huge forest in the dead of winter. How two words make up that much imagery, I don't know.

I like it as well, as I told you at the poetry slam when you finally decided you were finished enough to read it...I mean, do you know what "obsessive" means? Jeesh.

Nice to see you and Rachel decided this was a good place to converse...well, since you guys already went off-subject, I guess I could mention I just finished Death: At Death's Door and you should read it--but not until after you read the fourth Sandman book. Which means you would first need to read the second (though not necessarily the third, as it's more a collection of short stories not important to the plotline), which means you would first have to finish the magazines and Anita Blake comics I lent you last week... Sigh. You're killin' me, Vesp.

P.S. But I so want to make a dress like the one Death wears on the front. It's so cute! <3

Pretty good read, but I still reserve one of my favorite poems of all time (it, being from you), "Revelations." Sorry, but that one kicks the shit out of this. Not that I'm an obssessive poem reader, seeing as I try to avoid the junk, but Revelations was just, y'know...good.

Anyhow, I like this one as well, but golly, make something epic-ish...er. Epicisher.

Thanks for the comments. I especially like the "epicisher." I actually wrote a really crappy epic a while back...don't ask to see it. It will take too long to type and is too shitty for anyone to ever read. Speaking of epics, Val, you and me are supposed to create one. What happened to that???

I do know what obsessive means, and therefore I am. It takes me that long to write anything. Maybe you should try it. Your poetry would benefit. :p You know I'm kidding. :D:D:D:D

BTW, emo boy is MINE!!!!!

No, he is just a part of your imagination, only making him partially you--the cool emo parts anyways.

And yeah, I told you I needed those cds. That's my whole collection. Tiny, no?

Wow...Yeah I hadn't realized that it was that pathetic. It kind of made me sad to see it...And the fact that I gave you about half of those cds...XD

I don't have the money to buy all the cds I really want, and I've only really been into music for a year or so, so I've not had much time to amass anything of much value.

Meh, but I don't have a pair of twin sisters that are completely opposite, one of which hates me, nor do I have a little brother who will never shut up or leave me alone. I believe I've gotten the better deal. Annoying siblings v. more cds.... yep, I win. :p

Back