• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

So many books, so little time

ctadams

Hi all. Wow, to choose ONE favorite author? I can't do it. I love to read, and I never seem to have enough time to do it. But, ok, here's a few, in no particular order:

Dick Francis, Elizabeth Peters, Agatha Christie, Laurell K. Hamilton, Jim Butcher, Robert B. Parker....

I wouldn't be able to keep myself to one author either. But if you gave me E.A.Poe & Sir A.C.Doyle, I could content myself for quite some time.

I've seen this Butcher fellow pop up quite a bit of late. Any recommendations on what works of his to start with?

RaVeN

Storm Front is the first of the series, Raven. You can read the first chapter and see if it suits you:

Storm Front Chapter 1

I think chapter 2 is on the site, as well, in case you're interested. I think you'll enjoy it... ;)

Thank you and curse you very much! :p

First off, it looked very interesting. Then I noted that there were 8 books in the series (so far). What's the name of this thread again?

But the topper was, after doing a search on abebooks & ebay it appears they aren't out in hardback? Or am I mistaken?

What's this world coming to when a guy can't superfluously blow his money when he gets the urge? :(

RaVeN

I've got a lot of favourites too.Some are: David Eddings, J.R.R. Tolkien, Terry Brooks, J.K. Rowling, and Robin McKinley. And I want to read books by even more authors. Do you have any suggestions?
-K-dawn

K-Dawn said:
I've got a lot of favourites too.Some are: David Eddings, J.R.R. Tolkien, Terry Brooks, J.K. Rowling, and Robin McKinley. And I want to read books by even more authors. Do you have any suggestions?
-K-dawn
Wander around the forum a bit. Check out threads like, "Just finished reading..." or "Currently Reading" or any thread that includes the word "favorite" or "best". I've been here a few months and already I have a list of books to read that will take me years to get through! :D Neal Stephenson is a fav of mine, as is Sue Grafton, Laurrell K. Hamilton, Jose Saramago, Michael Crichton, Stephen King, Dennis Lehane...the list is endless. I can't pick just one. :eek:

RaVeN said:
Thank you and curse you very much! :p

RaVeN

Yep! I said the same thing after I'd read it... :D Afraid they're not out in hardback, except that the next book (due out in May, 2005) WILL BE. Of course, then I won't have a matched set anymore. :( Sigh!

Enjoy!

Cathy :p

How about C.S. Lewis, Tony Hillerman, Nevada Barr, Marcia Muller, Stephanie Plum mysteries, Jean Hull, Jonathan Kellerman, Dean Koontz, Stephen King, etc.

Back