• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

So next week Scotland votes for independence from the UK

sparkchaser

Administrator and Stuntman
Staff member

Does BAR have any opinion on the matter?

I say if Scotland wants independence, give it to them.

The way I see it is that an independent Scotland is the first step towards getting rid of Texas.

I don't really have an opinion on the matter, despite living there at the moment. I won't even be voting as I will be across the water in Ireland.

Does BAR have any opinion on the matter?

I say if Scotland wants independence, give it to them.

The way I see it is that an independent Scotland is the first step towards getting rid of Texas.

Since Texas is always rumbling about leaving, let them.

Scotland should be independent.

As Optimus says "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."

Yes, though perhaps not whilst in Dublin. Dunno, didn't look into that.

If your permanent residence is in Scotland you could've requested a postal vote.

It's kind of freaky for me, I've too many people in both camps that I want be on good terms with on the nineteenth. I've made a decision and I'm keeping quiet.

Speaking as someone who served in the British Army for many years and served along side Scots, Welsh and English, my feeling is obviously that Wales and England would be only too happy to wave the Scots goodbye.
I don't think for one second that they will have the guts to go independent and lose Sterling.(not Stirling).
If they do though I could suggest the unit of curency for them. :)

Speaking as someone who served in the British Army for many years and served along side Scots, Welsh and English, my feeling is obviously that Wales and England would be only too happy to wave the Scots goodbye.
I don't think for one second that they will have the guts to go independent and lose Sterling.(not Stirling).

Now that we're coming up to the General Election I believe Roxburgh/Member is going to develop quite uncomfortable muscle cramps (in both arms...)

I see the SNP are attempting to establish a place in Westminster.
Unfortunately Labour will not contribute to any deal with the SNP, thus I doubt the SNP will have an influential fingerprint on the running of the country.
Relating back to your original and previous post, you are still inevitably British.

I see the SNP are attempting to establish a place in Westminster.
Unfortunately Labour will not contribute to any deal with the SNP, thus I doubt the SNP will have an influential fingerprint on the running of the country.
Relating back to your original and previous post, you are still inevitably British.

The amount of influence the SNP has depends upon the number of MPs it sends to Westminster, in the UK we are inevitably part of a democratic system.

It's dangerous making any prediction during a UK general election, the die is cast and come the morning of the big reveal you can never truly rule out the element of surprise.

Unless you're Nick Clegg.

Given this morning's UK general election result it's obvious there's been a staggering shift in Scotland's political landscape on a voting turnout of over 70%, the SNP has taken 56 out of 59 seats.

I wonder how inevitable being british is..?

Given this morning's UK general election result it's obvious there's been a staggering shift in Scotland's political landscape on a voting turnout of over 70%, the SNP has taken 56 out of 59 seats.

I wonder how inevitable being british is..?
Indeed, the SNP has taken many seats, especially from Labour.
With the Conservatives having full control of the country, I'm sure Mr Cameron will see Scotland right.

With the Conservatives having full control of the country, I'm sure Mr Cameron will see Scotland right.

The first evidence of Mr Cameron's intentions toward Scotland it would appear has been the appointment of Andrew Dunlop as a Scottish Office Minister.

Andrew Dunlop was one of the main architects of the Poll Tax in Margaret Thatcher's government.

In fairness he might be a fox but the SNP ain't no chickens.

Back