• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Solved - The Endless Pavement by Jacqueline Jackson

Snow White

Our teacher read a book to us kids in elementary school that I am now trying to find. I need the title or author or something that anyone might remember so I can track a copy of it down. It's about how the entire earth is covered in pavement and all of the children are bolted into little personal "cars" instead of using their legs to run and play. The main character is a little girl who one day finds a crack in the pavement that shows an apple tree growing through the crack. The girl climbs out of her car to take an apple to try, and when she does, the authorities come to bolt her back into her car and take away the apple. They give her something called either a vita stix or vitamin stick instead of the fresh fruit to eat.

Anyone remember a book like that?

The Endless Pavement

Hi,

Don't know if this is still relevant for you, but the book is The Endless Pavement by Jacqueline Jackson. I myself had a long and difficult hunt for the title of this one, but managed to find it in the end.

Copies can be bought via Amazon.

Back