• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

something I've learned from our good internet pedophile friend, dave...

bebe

kickbox
Okay so as you may or may not know I've been writing a screenplay on "David", who claims to be 15, by the way. *But we all know he's just a 42 year old Texas hillbilly* So he keeps on telling me these "backstreet slang" words like "Bigup"...and I was wondering if that stupid stuff even exists...I lived in England once and I have never heard of any word like that. So nobody uses that kind of slang in England for real, right? *here's hoping* :rolleyes: -B

Actually, he might well be on the up-and-up, bebe.

To "big up":

To speak favourably of; to praise effusively.

e.g. "The studio executive gave a press conference to big up his new star signing."

It is quite a new expression but very much in use now.

Tobytook

Dear GOD! Cleetus can READ?!!

This is amazing..."bigup" exists?!! Even more amazing...Cleetus is literate!! (Because he must've done some research to actually come up with that) This is quite a development in the story here, folks. And Darren, don't worry, you're not old...you're just not all upto date on all the new internet pedophile slang. *always changing, isn't it? :rolleyes:* -B

By the way, Toby, thanks for the very detailed definition of the word...you even gave us an example! But lord knows how you got it...I couldn't find it anywhere in my dictionary...do you happen to have a little handbook of the Dummies Guide to Internet Pedophile Slang? (haven't seen it at amazon.com either)

Ugly but cool

I'm just down with it.

Not kidding, though - it is a new thing. Suggest you search for it as a two-word phrase, though, rather than wordtraining it together. Try a google.

The example I gave is but one application. Sometimes emphasis is on the first word, sometimes the second; depends on context. Apart from verb usage, the expression also functions as an independent noun ("Big ups to the team for their performance") and even a social greeting ("Got to put the phone down, mum; big ups to all the family - bye!").

This Cleetus knows his stuff - which makes him even scarier, I suppose: a "happining" paedophile!

Tobytook

wow, maybe davey is really a built , fifteen year old from birmingham or whatever, like he says he is..... but that just isnt any fun.

ugh...no kidding

and if all people were really what they said they were, lets just say the number of people in the "teen" section would decrease greatly :p take that all you pedophiles out there (*cough* davey *cough*)....you ain't 16/m/california anymore!!! -B

oh yeah, and i guess the number of "blond, blue eyes" people would decrese too :rolleyes: ;)

Back