• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Stalingrad: The Fateful Siege by Antony Beevor ...

speedmaster

Another one I really enjoyed, just finished it this week.

Book Review: Stalingrad: The Fateful Siege by Antony Beevor
"When I was reading Nelson's Trafalgar: The Battle That Changed the World a few months ago once of the reviews said that it was to the battle of Trafalgar what Beevor's book was to the battle of Stalingrad. After reading both I definitely believe that to be the case. Each of these books are the must-read titles for their respective topics. Stalingrad: The Fateful Siege by Antony Beevor gives us an in-depth look at Germany's disastrous Operation Barbarossa in general, and the fate of Hitler's sixth army in particular. We already know the basics of the story. Hitler decided that he would attack East after overrunning Western Europe. The Nazis bit off more than they could chew, underestimated the Russians, and paid a dear price. This is all true, but Beevor adds much more detail. In addition to the usual strategic and tactical narratives, Beevor fills the book with assorted bits of historical minutia and anecdotes that make story seem more real."
Amateur Economist: Book Review: Stalingrad: The Fateful Siege by Antony Beevor

Back