• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Star-Crossed in Hawaii

LS Collison

Aloha from Hawaii where I live, well, some of the time...

My first novel, Star-Crossed (Alfred A. Knopf; Nov. 2006) is about an orphaned, illegitmate British teen who stows away on a ship bound for Barbados during the Seven Years War, in a brash attempt to claim her father's estate.

I loved researching this period (mid-18th century) and became a real maritime history geek in the process. I had an amazing experience working as a voyage crewmember aboard HM Bark Endeavour, a replica of Captain Cook's first command, on its 1999 passage from Vancouver to Hawaii.

My husband and I have done a bit of sailing and blue water cruising on our own sailboat, an old Luders-36, Cheoy Lee built sloop

I like to sail (obviously?) and I have been a registered nurse, a skydiving instructor, a volunteer firefighter, a mother (still am), a grandmother (still am, and soon to be again!) My husband euphamistically calls mine "a composite career."

Over the decades I have published guidebooks, articles, essays, poetery, and short fiction -- but my life-long dream has been to write novels.

Linda Collison

Back