• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Star Wars: The Force awakens

nickherc

What do you guys think about new Star Wars movie trailer? Personally, I can't wait for it, being a Star Wars nerd and all. I just hope it will not be some pop corn generic action flick with lightsabers :O.

December 2015, bit of a wait, a few Star Wars fans will be dead by then. On the plus I like the lightclaymore and it's always good to see the Falcon blasting in eye torturing perspective.

Even if they are as "bad" as the previous three, I'll still see them. because hey, new Star Wars movies.

What's your favorite Star Wars movie? My order goes a bit like this:
1. The Empire Strikes Back.
2. Return of the Jedi.
3. Revenge of the Sith.
4. A new Hope.
5. Attack of the clones.
6. The phantom menace.

Empire, it's always Empire.

He does make a good point about the independent contractors. Could they really be considered innocent victims since they
knew they were building the Empire's Death Star? I say they knew who they were working for and helping enslave millions.
Oh well to them

The original Death Star was built in "secret" and I am sure its destruction was not broadcast by The Empire, although the companies that built the original were probbaly left wondering why The Empire canceled the service contracts..

When the second was being built, there's little reason to believe that contractors would have been aware of the construction/destruction of the first one. OK, it's possible that the Space Construction Megacorp(s) that secured the contract the first time around might know a bit more to the story, the average worker would not have a clue.

Besides, do construction droids really count as "victims"?

The original Death Star was built in "secret" and I am sure its destruction was not broadcast by The Empire, although the companies that built the original were probbaly left wondering why The Empire canceled the service contracts..

When the second was being built, there's little reason to believe that contractors would have been aware of the construction/destruction of the first one. OK, it's possible that the Space Construction Megacorp(s) that secured the contract the first time around might know a bit more to the story, the average worker would not have a clue.

Man, I gotta believe the Rebels let everyone and their momma know that they blew up the Deathstar. If we have facebook, they're had to be some type of galactic social media... :D

True dat. Regardless of their political affiliation they had to know they might get blown to bits.
I watched all the movies back to back about a year or two ago, and grudgingly, I have to say Revenge Of The Sith probably moved into second place for me, after Empire. And I grew up on the original three. A New Hope (or as we called it : Star Wars) was literally the first movie I can remember seeing in a theater. And I loved it. But now....

The big draws for me are Harrison Ford, Mark Hammil and a new story. Prequels are all very well but you know where it's all going.

It's an early trailer so it lacks anything substantial regarding the plot. It was nice to see the Millennium Falcon and I wonder how much of R2D2, C-3PO and Chewbacca will be in the new trilogy. They are very tight-lipped about the amount Luke, Leia and Han will be involved. what I am also interested in is if we will see the ghosts of Obi-wan, Yoda or Anakin.

Harrison Ford got hurt somehow on the set, so apparently Jason Isaacs took up parts of what his role would be. Which is kind of a sad, but I guess that means Jason Isaacs is going to be a good guy? I'm really excited and crossing my fingers that I can get premiere tickets. I don't think there will be ghosts mostly since what are they going to do with Obi-Wan? I suppose you could try to make Ewan McGregor into Alec Guinness (they look similar enough and with makeup it wouldn't be too much of a reach), but it seems that McGregor has been up to other projects when they would be filming. Though, they could use old footage of Alec Guinness... Man, the possibilities are endless and I'm really going to have trouble waiting.

Back