• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Star Wars: The Force awakens

I don't think there will be ghosts mostly since what are they going to do with Obi-Wan? I suppose you could try to make Ewan McGregor into Alec Guinness (they look similar enough and with makeup it wouldn't be too much of a reach), but it seems that McGregor has been up to other projects when they would be filming. Though, they could use old footage of Alec Guinness...

CGI, the special effects panacea. I'm thinking the young CGI Jeff Bridges in Tron Legacy although he did look pretty uncanny valley.

CGI, the special effects panacea. I'm thinking the young CGI Jeff Bridges in Tron Legacy although he did look pretty uncanny valley.

Can't say I saw Tron so I have no idea how that looked. I guess sometimes I forget that they don't need puppets to make realistic looking aliens, so they should be able to make a shimmery blue ghost version of Alec Guinness.

Can't say I saw Tron so I have no idea how that looked. I guess sometimes I forget that they don't need puppets to make realistic looking aliens, so they should be able to make a shimmery blue ghost version of Alec Guinness.

They got rid of the puppets, even Yoda in the Phantom Menace.

They got rid of the puppets, even Yoda in the Phantom Menace.

I thought Yoda was still a puppet in Phantom Menace (at least for the most part) and they animated him in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith? I guess what I meant to say was costumes and the like, and I know that they changed to animation a lot for the prequel trilogy, but I never really watched the behind the scenes for them as I did with the original.

I thought Yoda was still a puppet in Phantom Menace (at least for the most part) and they animated him in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith?

He was up until 2011 when the puppet was replaced by CGI for the blu ray release and the 2012 3D cinema re-release.

Instead of posting Trailer Two I'm posting the Matthew McConaughey reaction clip instead. I think it's rather sweet.

well lets see who the guys are who are producing the movie. That should definitely be an indicator of whether not itll be a smash or a flop

I actually didn't like the trailer, seemed to me rushed and not coherent. But what I like even less is that the film won't include the expanded universe.

Trailers are always rushed an incoherent though.

It is my sincere hope that Disney will decide to run three parallel trilogies, each staggered by three years:

2015: The Force Awakens pt I
2016: Another trilogy (call it Something from the EU, part I)
2017: Third trilogy (let's say the forthcoming Rogue Leader is part I of this)
2018: The Force Awakens, part II
2019: Something from the EU, part II
2020: Rogue Leader, part II
2021: The Force Awakens pt III
2022: Something from the EU, part III
2023: Rogue Leader, part III

That would be absolutely amazing. Disney has enough money that they can pull this off and make lots of money doing it. What Star Wars fan would not want a new movie every year?

Trailers are always rushed an incoherent though.

It is my sincere hope that Disney will decide to run three parallel trilogies, each staggered by three years:

2015: The Force Awakens pt I
2016: Another trilogy (call it Something from the EU, part I)
2017: Third trilogy (let's say the forthcoming Rogue Leader is part I of this)
2018: The Force Awakens, part II
2019: Something from the EU, part II
2020: Rogue Leader, part II
2021: The Force Awakens pt III
2022: Something from the EU, part III
2023: Rogue Leader, part III

That would be absolutely amazing. Disney has enough money that they can pull this off and make lots of money doing it. What Star Wars fan would not want a new movie every year?
This is a very interesting idea; I think that with the latest Marvel's success in superheroes films, it is likely that Disney may decide to run something similar. Especially if the Force Awakens is a success. And I would like a new film every year only if they are more like the old trilogy, and less like the new one. Otherwise I will only feel frustrated and robbed of my time and nerves :).

This is a very interesting idea; I think that with the latest Marvel's success in superheroes films, it is likely that Disney may decide to run something similar. Especially if the Force Awakens is a success. And I would like a new film every year only if they are more like the old trilogy, and less like the new one. Otherwise I will only feel frustrated and robbed of my time and nerves :).

I'll reserve judgement after all this movie is set post empire.

Trailer looks good, can't wait for the movie

The lack of spoilers quite surprises me, most people seem content not to discuss the movie. My pub has a sign that says 'we've no seen it, shut up' and I myself threatened to kill my eight year old nephew when he brought the subject of the movie up over Christmas.

If you want to create a thread to discuss the movie (with spoilers), go ahead. I am ready to talk Star Wars.

Back