• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Star Wars: was The Galactic Empire really that bad?

How could
This is why all planets should have some kind of defense.

Not everyone has the resources to build those kinds of defenses and the universe is a big place. Many planets might not have even known about he Death Star.

No but a fleet in orbit could have held them off a bit. Plus remember the ion canon that rebels had on Hoth in Empire Strikes Back? Every planet should have those.

The Death Star was a secret weapon so no planet should have known about it.

What I don't get is why The Empire didn't orbitally bombard the factories that were building Alliance spacecraft.

"storm troopers" what an evocative name - quite deliberately I'm sure. Along with all the other visual references meant to evoke the same parallel.

Like how highly trained stormtroopers can't hit the broad side of a barn and are beaten by teddy bears with sticks?

no worse than the fact that all those highly trained Rebel.pilots couldn't hit a duct in the death star either. Took a womprat shooting farm boy to do it right

I don't think you can compare the two. Hitting a target while moving that fast is hard. You've seen WWII gun camera footage.

I wonder how many of those rebel pilots were "highly trained".

You forget that Luke had "the force" on his side, so he could shoot the air vent thingy on the death star.:p

And yes there are lots of holes in the plot, but I don't think that they are so important, you watch the movies because that are fun to watch.

I don't think you can compare the two. Hitting a target while moving that fast is hard. You've seen WWII gun camera footage.

I wonder how many of those rebel pilots were "highly trained".

the implication in their briefing was that they were - at least more trained than Luke was, who hadn't even flown a Y-wing before

If I had command of a star destroyer, I'd crush those pesky rebels. Because space tactics.

but those pesky rebels just wouldn't lie down and play dead and the harder you squeeze the more slip out between your fingers :p a lesson more dictators need to learn. Squeezing just makes enemies of the one's that escape your grasp.

Rebels can be rebels but it's hard for them to do any real damage without their precious X-Wings and Y-Wings and B-Wings.

Back