• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Stephen Fry - The Fry Chronicles

Martin

This is the book I am currently reading and I am positively flying through it.

I immensely enjoy Fry's fiction (Making History and The Hippopotamus come to mind) and I adored Moab Is My Washpot, the first part of his autobiography.

This, The Fry Chronicles, is the second part, chronicling his years at Cambridge.

I find myself positively delighted by Fry's anecdotes about his time at the Cambridge Footlights with the likes of Hugh Laurie and Emma Thompson; his tales, more than anything, make me want to go back in time and be part of that illustrious group of people. His writing paints a vivid picture of his days at Cambridge - he veers from comically false modesty to faux self-aggrandising which, for some reason, he seems to get away with.

Has anyone read this? Your thoughts?

Me too. I really like Stephen Fry, but I don't think I've ever read any of his longer writings.

For those reading on the iPad, there's an enhanced version of the book that looks pretty nifty.

Back