• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Stephen King: Duma Key

Loved the characters although some of the dialogue was a bit cheesy (like when they scream out in anger). "Blue F@#k" Never heard that one before. The ending was a little bit of a let down, and I felt the same way with Under the Dome, but all in all I thought the book was really good
:star4:

When and how did (spoiler) die?

I just finished reading (well, listening) to Duma Key. I enjoyed the the book, and found the ending a bit more satisfying than the way King has closed up many of his stories in the past. But I'm not sure how I missed the the part of the book where Ilse's death was announced, in one chapter I read about when her Dad says good bye to her at the airport after the showing, and comments that he will never see her again, and the next thing I see in the book about Ilse is when Edgar talks about getting revenge for her death. There were also some veiled references to her death later on in the story. If anyone can tell me what I missed and what part (chapter, section) of the book it was in I will go to my local library and fill in the missing pieces.

Thanks

Loved the characters although some of the dialogue was a bit cheesy (like when they scream out in anger). "Blue F@#k" Never heard that one before. The ending was a little bit of a let down, and I felt the same way with Under the Dome, but all in all I thought the book was really good
:star4:

To be honest I can't remember any of King's book which has really deep and briliant ending. It is a long time since i have red Duma Key so i would recall it in near future, but I still remember that this is one of his best novel. The greatest advantage of his writting style is how he describe all of characters and in Duma Key it's a masterpiece in my opinion. Ending is less important for me as a Stephen King fan, because I knew since the beging what i can expect.

Back