• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Stephenie Meyer: Midnight Sun

DragonFly08

kickbox
Did anyone hear about what happened??

I just have to say that I am SEVERELY disgusted! I cannot believe who in their right mind would do something like that!! I guess it really does show that more and more are out for nothing but money.

Kind of sucks it ruined it for the rest of us.

In case you haven't heard, & apparently I haven't had enough posts to link her website, sooooo......

Just go to Stephenie Meyer DOT com to see what she said about it under the Midnight Sun Sub Title.

There was an article about it in the Wall Street Journal. They made a good point in saying, "When music stars have stuff leaked on the Internet, they don't junk the entire album." It happens to many stars, and I believe that she overreacted. When I first heard about her writing Midnight Sun last year, I wasn't too interested. Now, after finishing the four books, I want to know what was going through Edward's head during most of it. Personally, I would have liked it a little better if she would have put Edward's perspective in Breaking Dawn instead of Jacob's. I think that if she possibly gets enough support in the future, she might continue the project. It really does suck that someone she trusts would do something like that to her, and I feel really bad for her. I know how upset she must feel, but that doesn't mean that she should just throw it all away. I think she should finish the project that she is currently working on, then go back to working on Midnight Sun. After everything has cooled off, she might have a different perspective on everything.

I would be upset if I were in her position- but as said before, she majorly over-reacted. She isn't the first person that this has happened to, nor will she be the last.

There was an article about it in the Wall Street Journal. They made a good point in saying, "When music stars have stuff leaked on the Internet, they don't junk the entire album." It happens to many stars, and I believe that she overreacted. When I first heard about her writing Midnight Sun last year, I wasn't too interested. Now, after finishing the four books, I want to know what was going through Edward's head during most of it. Personally, I would have liked it a little better if she would have put Edward's perspective in Breaking Dawn instead of Jacob's. I think that if she possibly gets enough support in the future, she might continue the project. It really does suck that someone she trusts would do something like that to her, and I feel really bad for her. I know how upset she must feel, but that doesn't mean that she should just throw it all away. I think she should finish the project that she is currently working on, then go back to working on Midnight Sun. After everything has cooled off, she might have a different perspective on everything.

I completely agree. I don't think she should give it up. She was 260 pages + into Midnight Sun, and she's just quit. And on what you said about her getting enough support, they took her contact information off her site, and you can't get in touch with them anymore. Its nearly like she just disappeared from everything. She said she is going to take time off from writing and spending more with her family. I wonder if the Twilight series and The Host is the last we'll hear from her? Personally, i wish that she would just work more on things like The Host. I thought that was better than the others.

I felt bad for her when I saw this. Personally I have not read the first chapter that is on her site as I want to read it when the book is in my hands.

I can understand how she feels, and I do believe she will get back to it. If anything she has had lots of advertising out of this and I want to read Midnight Sun even more now!

I really do hope she does carry on with it. It would be really silly if she didn't. She has tons and tons of fans out there that love her work, and who have supported her. But I guess at this present time she just feels so let down by the person who leaked this on to the net. Someone who she had trusted.

I feel bad for her that someone betrayed her like that and leaked the new story. I hope she does finish it and release it though, the draft on her websight (what I've read of it anyway) was pretty good. It was loads more interesting than Twilight was...

Back