• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Stephenie Meyer: New Moon

ichigo

kickbox
I have just finished this book today and started the new one. I have a couple questions I want to ask.

1) When you first saw Same Uley and his crew, what did you think of them?

2) Do you think that Edward will really let Bella become a vampire?

3) If you were Bella would you want to be with Edward or Jake?

4) Is there anything that is similar or different in Bella's relationships with boy's that you noticed?

I thought that they were vampires jumping off a cliff like Carlisle did.

No, he will keep trying to delay it forever.

Edward, I will always know that he loves Bella and will never stop.

4) Is there anything that is similar or different in Bella's relationships with boy's that you noticed?
I think that she is attracted to monsters. I find it ironic that Edward is very cold, but Jake is warm, almost hot/

Just out of curiousity, did you enjoy it? I myself am not a huge fan of the series. Don't get me wrong, they're okay, just not my favorites.

I liked them a lot. I didn't like them for the romance, but I enjoyed that a little, it added to the story and emotions. I was rely in them for the action, but it is now one of my favorite series.

Thats basically what I liked about them to, the action. I'm not one for romance; though I don't hold it against the books.

I have just finished reading the Twilight series a third time trying to refresh my memory in time for Breaking Dawn. I love all of the books in the series. The way that Stephenie Meyer describes Bella's feelings makes you feel like you are Bella. As for the questions, Sam and his game sound a little intimidating, like bullies that everyone is afraid of. I think he will sometime in the future. He wants her to be happy, and if that is the only thing that will make her happy, then I think he will change her. If I was Bella, it would be a hard decision. I can see why she chooses Edward, but I can also feel the sympathy for Jacob. That is a tough one. As for the last one, Bella is just a major danger magnet. If there is a guy that posses any danger, she would inevitably fall in love with them. If Mike turned out to be a wizard, she would probably love him too.

I am honestly a huge Twilight fan and have read the books multiple times. I am really looking forward to the final book which comes out in August.
In response to the questions:

1. When you first saw Sam Uley and his crew what did you think of them?
When I first saw them, I thought they were a gang of some sort, which they are in a way. I also knew from the first book "Twilight", that werewolves would be involved in the series. Not only from the story Jacob told Bella on the beach, but also because of the classic Vampire versus Werewolves myths. So I saw the foreshadowing and figured out ahead of time that Sam Uley and his crew were a bunch of Werewolves and that Jacob was one too.

2. Do you think that Edward will really let Bella become a Vampire?
This is an unending question throughout the series. Well, due to the love between Edward and Bella, I think that she will. Bella wants nothing more than to be with Edward forever and she doesn't like the fact that she is getting older while he stays 17. She doesn't want to be in her 30's still in love with Edward when he appears to be 17. I understand that Edward wants her to experience life and live but all she wants is to live with him forever. The love between Bella and Edward is an undying love. Edward was willing to die a very painful death, just because he thought she was dead. So, I do believe that he will turn her into a Vampire just so she will be happy and the two of them can be together forever.

3.If you were Bella, would you want to be with Edward or Jake?
My friends and I have discussed this many times. I am an Edward fan. He will obviously love her forever. They just have a special bond or chemistry as some people say. He is extremely attracted to the smell of her blood, which is like the werewolves imprinting on the ones they truly love in my opinion. I believe that Jacob is going to find someone to imprint on and it will be like the relationship between Edward and Bella.

4. Is there anything that is similar or different in Bella's relationship with boys that you noticed?
As the previous responses have said, she is attracted to dangerous boys. She is a danger magnet. Although there are many other boys at her school that like her, she has no interest in them. They do not excite her the way Edward and Jacob do.

As you may have noticed, I really enjoyed the books. I liked the story, the romance and the action. One thing i thought was nice was that the romance was not that graphic. In some books the author goes into way too much detail, but Stephenie Meyer put just enough detail so you understand what is happening but not enough to make you want to put the book down or skip through it. I thought she did a great job combining the story, romance and action to create a wonderful novel. I think Stephenie Meyer is very talented. I am currently reading her book "The Host" which is a lot different then Twilight but still an amazing novel.

You know, I was thinking about it, and wouldn't it be kind of interesting if Jacob imprinted on Bella after she became a Vampire? That would make a good twist to the book, but it would just make things even more difficult for her.....

1) When you first saw Sam Uley and his crew, what did you think of them?
I thought they were a gang doing drugs or something illegal.
Not if he can help it.
Edward. Jake's just to volatile.
Edward is an abusive boyfriend. He doesn't let Bella see anyone else and decides how Bella says good-bye to Alice her best friend.

I just finished the 3rd book and am going to buy the 4th today. I LOVE the series.

At first I didn't think much of it, but with the talk of the "big bear", it didn't take me long to figure out they were werewolves, before it even got close to the time in the book that is was revealed.

Yes. That is the only logical ending of the series. Otherwise the series is pointless. She is going to grow old but be with Edward? No way.

Edward.

I think her relationship with Jake is more comfortable like a friendship, while her relationship with Edward is much more passionate.

I would be very afraid for her to be with Jake. All the others are imprinting, and I believe he will too. So it would be wrong for her to waste her time with him, until he imprints anyway. So there is the chance that Jake would leave her. I don't believe Edward could ever do that to her again.

New Moon, Stephenie Meyer

I'm reading "New Moon".
I'm at the point where Bella's drowning, and Jacob just saved her. I actually thought Edward was there, since she said he sounded so close.
I'm getting bored here, I mean, most of the book, Edward isn't even there!
Anyone else feel the same way?

P.S. It better be good when he comes back. He's gone for most of the book.

I've read it and loved it. Not as good as Twilight and yes I missed Edwards presence too. But he does appear again in the book so keep reading, it was worth the wait! ;)

^^^^^
Sorry I posted that. I'm sort of new, and i didn't really realize what I was doing.
Again, sorry. :(

Back