• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Street Angel - Jim Rugg / Brian Maruca

Rogue

I politely ask everyone who hasn't read this book form refraining to comment on this thread. This includes statements like "Oh this sounds so cool. I have to read this book." (Come back if you have done so.) and stuff like "Graphic novels are crap." (Get yourself an "I-hate-graphic-novels-thread" and stop spamming this one.).
Exceptions are people who ask intelligent questions (As opposed to stupid questions about the softness of the cushions behind my back while reading this book and similar abuse of mankind's intelligence. In addition this includes information that can be easily obtained by having a look at amazon.)
And a word to the spammers: Please keep out.

Aside form that I would like everyone who has read the book mentioned in the title of this thread to join the discussion and have a jolly good time.

Street Angel

aimg508.imageshack.us_img508_1756_streetangeltpklein8fa.jpg

Street Angel is a graphic novel or more are collection of the first bunch of street angel comics. The story is about 12-year-old Jesse Sanchez aka Street Angel who lives on the streets of Wilkesborough. This read haired orphan girl is a Can't-be-beat martial artist and probably the best skateboarder in the world. Besides that she fights ninjas, mad scientists, robots, conquistadors and sometimes old Incan gods or demons.

This comic is simply hilarious/ gorgeous/ marvellous. A massive amount of people dies at the hands of Street Angel but saving the city doesn't relieve her of making homework or searching dumpsters for food.
The scene with the megaphone in the major's office made me laugh out loud and the thing about Incas sacrificing virgins with the god Inti keeping count cracked me up.

Furthermore I love the pink cover. Not everyone would have come away with that.

Really this is nothing for the sensitive mind. There loads of chopped off limbs, a blood sucking demon, gory fist fights and a huge body count.

Back