• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Strings

Flowerdk4

Some "crazy dane" spend most of his own saving and 4 years of his life making an oldfashion string puppet movie. But not just any string puppet movie, this one is something never seen before.

I just saw a tv programme about the making of the film. And it was so exciting. The film is made at Lars von Triers place and has people from all over the world. They had to find puppet masters from all over the world as these puppets move like real people, and masters of this kind of art is hard to find.
I saw several previews of different scences and its truely magical!

Nothing has ever been made like this before. The puppets have visual strings and the strings is a picture of someone controlling them but also a picture of them being connected. You get thrown back to a magical time in your childhood watching the puppets and yet its something much more sophisticated. They use real large puppets and special effects. They have managed to create a world where you truely believe in the puppets having heart and souls, and the puppets gets to do things which has never been done before, like diving.

I wish I could show you what I have seen as it was so interesting and exciting. I looove the idea of going back to something and make it even more magical than you remembered it to be in the first place. Puppets is something strange and yet something we all can relate to.
And I loove the idea of making something so magical and with a sense of soul for children and for us who loves good old magic and fairy tale kind of world.
I am not sure when the film will be released in other countries as it has just been released here.
I shall go watch the movie very soon with my son, who will enjoy the beautifull masterpiece.

Flower

I missed it when they were playing it in Belgium, but they're showing it at the film festival here next week, so I'm hoping I'll be able to catch it this time around. I bought my festival pass already, but still...

You can get more information of the movie and see what its all about at www.stringsthemovie.com.
They have a great danish section with lots of beautifull photos and there is also a english site. Choose the danish one if you want to see photos of the film. ;)

Flower

I saw Strings a few months ago and found it extremely enjoyable but at the same time i expected more from it. I guess it did lack from the fact it was puppets without facial expressions. It was visually wonderful

I saw it last week (finally) and wasn't bothered by the lack of facial expressions at all. I thought it was a wonderful film (not so much the plot, but the way they presented it), though the people I was with didn't all agree with me.

Back