• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Students: Essays / Homework Questions

meercater

I need to do a essay on a hero vs. Odysseus. I chose Alex Rider as my 'hero' and I need to prove why he is a better or worse hero than Odysseus. I'd prefer to have Alex Rider win, but I can go either way. I also need 3 points on why. So far one of my points is that Alex rider only kills when he absolutely has to, and whatever he does benefits society, while the things Odysseus does benefits only him.

Go with a hero you know or a wide variety of people know. Like Luke Skywalker or something. You'll have to fill me in on who Alex Rider is.

okay, so in terms of being a hero, what makes Alex Rider a hero? What character qualities make him (or her....yeah, I really don't know this character) stand out as a good guy in your mind. bravery? selflessness? smarts?

Compare to Odysseus, what made him a hero? He wasn't perfect, but if he's regarded as a hero, there must be something compelling about him.

Since I was having trouble finding heroic qualities I switched my hero to Michael Phelps for his devtion, sportsmanship and ability to learn from mistakes.

In modern times, people would regard Odysseus as a jerk.

I mean, sure, he went through a lot and the female servants were rude to his wife and so on... But did he really have to kill the whole lot (servants included) at the end?

Heroic? I don't think so...

I wonder how well the OP did on her school assignment. And I'm surprised no-one said 'do your own homework'.

Back