• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Suggest me a book that is about Self development.

imran98

Hey guys,
I hope you are well. Recently I'm not having any peace with my daily work life. And I found out that, I need to develop. I need to increase my compensation level and be more serious. And I know that reading and learning will definitely help me. But I' don't read books often. That's why I don't know much about popular books.
But I love to read storybooks.
So, if you know a book that can help me to develop and at the same time it will entertain me, then please suggest me.

Imran98,
I would definitely suggest "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living," by Dale Carnegie. Although dated by now, it gets its message across through simple stories of people's experiences. But, taken to heart, its ideas can and will change your life. I speak from experience.

More, generally, there is also "How to Win Friends and Influence People," for ways of coping more generally with the human interaction situations we find ourselves in.

Be serious about it and you can definitely have a more rewarding life.
Peder

Hey guys,
I hope you are well. Recently I'm not having any peace with my daily work life. And I found out that, I need to develop. I need to increase my compensation level and be more serious. And I know that reading and learning will definitely help me. But I' don't read books often. That's why I don't know much about popular books.
But I love to read storybooks.
So, if you know a book that can help me to develop and at the same time it will entertain me, then please suggest me.
Initially I would have to ask why you are not having peace in your work life? If not, why not, there are usually numerous variables in that equation. 😊

I would recommend, “Be yourself, everyone else is already taken,” by Mike Robbins. Often we try to fit into a mold of what we think we’re supposed to be. Or wear a mask in order to fit in especially in our work environment.

The challenge is to recognize and embrace who we truly are not who society says we should be and find our place that brings us satisfaction and joy.

You can try You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay. In this, She explains how our beliefs and ideas about ourselves are often the cause of our emotional problems and physical maladies and how, by using certain tools, you can change your thinking and your lives for the better. Louise’s key message in this powerful work is: “If we are willing to do the mental work, almost anything can be healed.”

Back