• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Suggestion for Thriller Author/Story

Yeah! Try The Coffin Dancer by Jeffrey Deaver. It's one of the first Lincoln Rhyme books, thriller focusing on criminal forensics. Lincoln Rhyme is a brilliant forensics expert who suffered an accident on the job that left him a parapeligic (sp?). He teams up with Amelia Sachs, who becomes his eyes and ears and legs on the scene, and together they work to catch really gruesome killers. Another good one by him was The Bone Collector, which was made into a movie I never saw.

Another good author is Tess Gerritsen. I've only read one thing by her, Body Double, but it was very good. It has a medical aspect to it rather than a forensics one.

I hesitate to say this, but I recommend Escaping Reality by Geoff Nelder - see link below. I know others will now say I am advertising so maybe you had better not get it. I would also say that some publishers said it didn't have enough thrills and is too humorous for a thriller. So it is a humorous thriller / adventure / crime caper.

Enough from me but these are extracts on Escaping Reality from M. Kenyon Cherboneaux US editor of Eros & Rust

...another grand joyride of a read...
wondrously funny sex scenes, great conversations full of patented Nelder quips.
...typical Nelder twisted humour, complex and intriguing plan and wonderful writing...
...hell of a twister of a mystery.
Escaping Reality is more complicated than it looks at first glance. It'll keep you guessing, sometimes cringing for poor Gerry, and always laughing from start to finish.

Here endeth the non-advert, kinda.

Geoff

Thomas Perry is a terrific writer of thrillers. If you'd like a series, his Jane Whitefield novels are excellent. She is a Seminole Indian woman who helps people to vanish and the details and the unraveling of her security measures are part of the thrills. These books include Dance for the Dead, Vanishing Act, The Face-Changers, Shadow Woman, and Blood Money.

Perry's specialty in way is the caper. His "standalone" books include Metzger's Dog, The Butcher Boy, Death Benefits, and Pursuit. That latter is the most recent and is perfect example of the kind of thing he does so well. The antogonist is a sociopath who has become the perfect hunter-killer and his most recent victim is hard to pick out from a crime scene of mass murder in a locked up restaurant. The protagonist is not a whole lot different in his approach to stalking, but he's one of the good guys, and agrees that this man has to be brought to justice or put down. Hence a cat and mouse game begins where hunter and prey change sides over and over until it's hard to tell who's who.

I haven't read a poor effort from him yet. Here's a thread I created for him ...

Back