• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Suggestions: December 2005 Book of the Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehastings

Hey everyone. We're still a tiny bit backed up. Please notice that suggestions will be taken for only until the end of October so that we can get back on schedule!

Thread will close October 31.

A maximum of ten books will be put to the vote.

If more than 10 books are suggested, then books which have more than one nomination will take priority (books with three nominations get priority over books with two etc.)

The remainder will be put forward in the order they are suggested until the 10 voting slots are filled.

I'm new but I'm not going to let that stop me. I know there are other Jonathan Lethem fans out there, so how about The Fortress of Solitude? I've read others of his and loved them, but not this one yet. Whatever ends up chosen, I look forward to participating.

I would second skipping Christmas. Also, if Lolita or The Way The Crow Flies wins for November, I'd like to nominate the one that doesn't

suggestion

I'll throw one in for consideration. The Real Meaning of Life, it's a fairly short read (6 hrs?) but I found myself actually laughing out loud at random moments -- I was on the train back to Boston and some of the passengers thought I had gone insane.

Something Russian. Dostoevsky's The Brothers Karamazov? The Master and Margarita by Bulgakov? Tolstoy's The Death of Ivan Ilych is nice and short. Being the sheep that I am put me down for Lolita if nobody seconds any of my other suggestions.

Can I put in two suggestions (besides the former Skipping Christmas)? Colorado Kid, by Stephen King... so unlike King to write a pulp-fiction mystery pocket book.

This one is next on my list regardless of how the voting goes, but I wouldn't mind seeing other's opinions on it in a discussion thread.

Cloud Atlas

Sight Unseen by Robert Goddard. Paperback out this week. One of our best writers. Known as the Prince of plotters.

something russian woudl be nice, i second that!

also, i love fantasy, so something like artemis fowl...(i know, it's really embarassing, i haven't read it yet!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back