• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Suggestions: March 2006 Book of the Month

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered a copy of Revolutionary Road on the strength of the reviews on Palimpsest.

Someday I 'd like to discuss The Corrections with y'all, but there are plenty of suggestions here that I could pretty happily live with.

Jml said:
I dont really know about this sight. Can someone tell me about the book discussions? Thanx
It's just a book that all of the members of the boards decide upon by voting for their favourite. Whichever book that gets the most votes wins, and then the members read that book and comment on it in a special forum made for that purpose. We select a different book each month that we would like to discuss as a group.

MonkeyCatcher said:
It's just a book that all of the members of the boards decide upon by voting for their favourite. Whichever book that gets the most votes wins, and then the members read that book and comment on it in a special forum made for that purpose. We select a different book each month that we would like to discuss as a group.
Just adding some more info...

So first everyone makes suggestions about what they'd like to be the BOTM for two months hence (this thread). You can nominate a book or second one that's already nominated. After one month of suggestions, a maximum of ten books are selected from this thread (if there are more than ten books nominated then the books that have been seconded the most are selected) and are voted on. Then, a winner is selected and becomes the BOTM for the month in question. So, to summarise for the March BOTM:

January: Suggestions - 10 books selected for voting.
February: Voting - a winner selected to be the BOTM
March: BOTM discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back