• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Suggestions: May 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
mehastings said:
I am pretty sure this is an advertisement. :eek: I thought it sounded somewhat interesting, so I searched for it online. I found it promoted all over the place by a person with the same username.

Perhaps they just like the book... :)

PEACE ON EARTH! :cool:

My Olive Branch

ammacac said:
Sorry for the suggestion.

.:extending virtual olive branch as I type:.

I'm sorry if I have offended you. :( It really wasn't my intent. As I mentioned above, I thought that this book sounded interesting. I've purchased a number of books that I've seen in reading group suggested lists, including two from this list. If a title intrigues me, I look it up online. I wasn't able to get much information off of Amazon, so I tried google. I saw a about a dozen message boards that you had joined recently and posted this as your only post. I also saw a review, which told me a bit about your book. It included an email address very similar to your username.

You hadn't made any other posts here. So, to me it felt like you were promoting rather than joining this forum. I'm sorry if that wasn't your intention at all and if I have hurt your feelings. It doesn't mean the book isn't absolutely fabulous. I hope that you will feel welcome enough to continue participating here! :D

Delta_doh! said:
Me Hastings, What's 'Small Island ' by Andrea Levy
like? I was thinking about buying it :)

It was GREAT. I love history and this was about the relationships between English and Jamaican people before, during and just after WWII. I was really impressed with the writing and felt that I learned something while reading a great story.

mehastings said:
It was GREAT. I love history and this was about the relationships between English and Jamaican people before, during and just after WWII. I was really impressed with the writing and felt that I learned something while reading a great story.

:) Thanks mehastings, sounds really good, will defy get it :D

The Double
by Jose Saramago
(Author of Blindness)

What happens when Tertuliano Maximo Afonso, a 38-year-old professor of history, discovers that there is a man living in the same city who is identical to him in every physical detail, but not related by blood at all. And what happens when each of these men attempt to investigate each other's lives? How do we know who we are? What do we mean by identity?

2dtemr

I would like to 2nd

'The Double' Jose Saramago

sounds really good I really enjoyed 'Blindness' by Him :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back