• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Suggestions: May 2013 - Books & Films

ROFL 'Frankly my dear ....' is Rhett's line and I love it!! It was aaaaalllmost worth alternately seething with annoyance and dying of boredom for 2 and half hours to hear it. However it would have been better if he had pulled out a dueling pistol and shot her dead as he said it.

(PS I REALLY do not like Scarlett O'Hara and her insufferable stupidity - just in case you didn't get that! :D :D :D )

(PPS did you know that whatisname who played Rhett apparently had intolerably bad halitosis. Pity I can't think of Scarlett kissing that mouth.)

(PPPS - no I really don't like her! :D twenty plus years after seeing enduring the torture movie I still react so strongly to it)

Meadow, dear Meadow....you may put the sledgehammer down now. I do believe you have made your lil ole point. /batting eyelashes/

No matter how many PPPPPPPPPPPPPPS's you manage, you still only get one vote. :)

Ronny, what you say is very true. The film only caught the highlights of the book/characters.

Meadow, dear Meadow....you may put the sledgehammer down now. I do believe you have made your lil ole point. /batting eyelashes/

No matter how many PPPPPPPPPPPPPPS's you manage, you still only get one vote. :)

No sledgehammer LOL If I had one my poor toes wouldn't be safe! :confused: :confused: Ai I just have a severe personality clash with poor old Scarlett. I should be merciful as she is getting on in years now:rolleyes: , while I am ever youthful :cool: :D :D :D

Aw gee lol and I thought it was a two for one special - every 'PP' gets one vote! :p

I have a sad confession to make. I have never either read or seen 'Breakfast at Tiffany's'. Terrible right?

No sledgehammer LOL If I had one my poor toes wouldn't be safe! :confused: :confused: Ai I just have a severe personality clash with poor old Scarlett. I should be merciful as she is getting on in years now:rolleyes: , while I am ever youthful :cool: :D :D :D

Aw gee lol and I thought it was a two for one special - every 'PP' gets one vote! :p
Ahh, well then lets say the metaphorical sledgehammer. :)
Besides this thread is for making suggestions, not criticizing the other nominations. We can criticize with our votes later on the poll that is created, or by non-participation.

Actually a. it wasn't a suggestion and b. I did say to Ronny that he could suggest Gone with the Wind if he wanted to.

I'm a girl and I don't mind if we don't do GWTW, I just want to pick books many will read and talk about :)

Ronny my HUMBLEST apologies! I hate it when people confuse me for a man because of my name. This would be one of the many reasons I don't use my real name online. So I'm really REALLY SORRY I made that mistake with you. Forgive me please.

I'm with you on the 'pick books many will read and talk about' which is why I said to you, suggest it if you want. In any case a bit of dissension makes for lively debate :) :) I am more or less willing to at least try to read almost anything just not, as mentioned in my sig, anything from the dark side of the force.

Ronny my HUMBLEST apologies! I hate it when people confuse me for a man because of my name. This would be one of the many reasons I don't use my real name online. So I'm really REALLY SORRY I made that mistake with you. Forgive me please.

I'm with you on the 'pick books many will read and talk about' which is why I said to you, suggest it if you want. In any case a bit of dissension makes for lively debate :) :) I am more or less willing to at least try to read almost anything just not, as mentioned in my sig, anything from the dark side of the force.

Using a boy's name for my nickname all these years, I have gotten used to the misunderstanding. I actually stopped using it in real life recently but never bother to change it online :)

I do think sometimes controversial books make for the best conversations, I like a little debate sometimes but I like playing nice too. Mostly I will read whatever is picked but I can not always think of anything to say about it one way or the other.

Using a boy's name for my nickname all these years, I have gotten used to the misunderstanding. I actually stopped using it in real life recently but never bother to change it online :)

I do think sometimes controversial books make for the best conversations, I like a little debate sometimes but I like playing nice too. Mostly I will read whatever is picked but I can not always think of anything to say about it one way or the other.

I express my opinion 'nicely' :D with lots of 'nice' adjectives :D (and proverbial sledgehammers :confused: apparently). I just express myself strongly but no-one must mind me. I'm harmless! aencrypted_tbn1_gstatic_com_images_ff22f7d70f9590bd248ecdd693bade4a._.jpg

Back