• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Suggestions: October 2007 Author of the Month

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this idea.

I don't know... some authors take some time to become quality writers while others slip into obsolescence as they grow older... Not saying it's definitely a bad idea, but it should definitely depend upon the author we pick.

I don't know... some authors take some time to become quality writers while others slip into obsolescence as they grow older... Not saying it's definitely a bad idea, but it should definitely depend upon the author we pick.

That's true but that's also what I thought would make the discussion interesting, comparing a first, latest and middle or maybe most popular work would produce more conversation about the author instead of just an individual book and I'd think that would be the point of picking an author of the month. It would be better if it was an author with diverse works and even consistency through out but that's easier said than done :)

Maybe we could pick three books by the chosen author, since they all must have at least three, to compare? After the author is chosen we could vote for the 3 books to have. Members could decide whether they'd like to read all three or just one.

I nominate Scott Turow.

or Alison Lurie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back