• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Suggestions: Young Adolescence

ok here goes

Well the first book series lol I would recommend would be my own, The Kingdom Chronicles, A King's Quest, and A King's Task, coming out next month.

Also though I would recommend, R.A. Salvatore, any or all of the dark elf series. Dragonlance series, by Margaret Wies and Tracy Hickman. Riftwar series, Raymond Fiest. C.S. Lewis Chronicles of Narnia, the whole series,
The Myth Series, by Robert Apsrin, thats a few really good ones.

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card was the first book that lept into my mind. Of course it's also worth mentioning the Harry Potter series. Terry Pratchett's Discworld series books are great too.

I recall reading a lot of Ben Bova when I was in Jr High.

Anything by Monica Hughes. She's written almost a gazillion books, mostly sci-fi/fantasy for young adults. I highly recommend them to anyone.

How young is 'young adolescence'?

Some books I'd recommend:

The Pendragon Adventure series (10 books projected, 8 so far) by D. J. MacHale
The Princess Bride by William Goldman
The Banned and the Banished series (5 books) by James Clemens
Harry Potter (7 books) by J. K. Rowling
The Tripods Trilogy by John Christopher
Anything by Ray Bradbury or Issac Asimov, especially their short stories. And if you can get your hands on any of the Twilight Zone short story compilations.

Back