• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Suggestions?

Wow! my brother would love that.
Glad to hear that. I am so in love with that series. Sadly, I only own three. Because they're kind of pricy, I typically sit in Borders with a cup of coffee and read one there. But they're cheaper on Amazon, and they're at about average price for a comic or manga. I think they cost $15 a pop on Amazon and $20 at Border's.

Ender's Game is the story of a battle school, in outer space, where they train little kids (Their reflexes are so good and operating the weapons is almost like playing video games) to do battle, because the Earth was threatened a generation ago by aliens, and Earth barely beat them off. The school is supposedly getting the kids ready in case the aliens attack again. Ender fights the system, rallying the suppposed dregs of the students around him, and defeats not only the school but . . . Well, there's a whole lot going on that he doesn't know about.

This book was such a good story (and such a big seller) that the author is now writing about the very same events from the perspective of other students. Nothing since has been as good, but I imagine Card has made his publisher (and himself) a ton of money from the spin-offs.

JohnB

Back