• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

suggestions

scullyx101

i jsut finished reading the da vinci code and angles and demons and i thought they were fabulous, does any one know of other books that deal with things like secret societies and finding hidden meaning in things and that sort of stuff. i was also kind of reminded of the movie national treasure which i also loved. i'm really interested in things like that so any suggestions would be fab. thanks.

The titles which occur to me off-hand are:

The Crying of Lot 49 - Thomas Pynchon
Foucault's Pendulum - Umberto Eco
The Amber Room - Steve Berry
The Da Vinci Deception - Thomas Swan
The Eight - Catherine Neville
King Solomon's Mines - H. Rider Haggard
Several titles by Arturo Perez-Reverte, James Rollins, Wilbur Smith, Clive Cussler, etc. I'm sure there are plenty of others out there.

i haven't read either of those but i'm interested in them and i'm planning on reading them. if i think of any books i'll let you know!

I don't know if it's still available, it's an older book, but Destiny's Daughter by Rebecca Brandywine. She's a romance author but this one wasn't really a romance. Had to do with secret societies and arcane code etc. and the Knights Templar treasure and Rosslyn Chapel if I remember correctly. It's been years since I read it. It made my head hurt to read it but it was very intresting.

scullyx101 said:
i jsut finished reading the da vinci code and angles and demons and i thought they were fabulous, does any one know of other books that deal with things like secret societies and finding hidden meaning in things and that sort of stuff. i was also kind of reminded of the movie national treasure which i also loved. i'm really interested in things like that so any suggestions would be fab. thanks.

The Genesis Code by John Case
Codex by Lev Grossman
The Assassini by Thomas Gifford

Back