• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Summer Reading List

Ell

There's a thread in the Sci-fi/fantasy board about summer reading. But what about fiction in general?

What are you planning to read this summer?

What I'd like to read this summer:
  • Everything's Eventual by Stephen King
  • Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
  • Vitals by Greg Bear
  • The Bonesetter's Daughter by Amy Tan
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson
I'm sure other books will creep into the list and some will drop off, but no worries, it's summer!

Ell

The Gunslinger by Stephen King
The Scar by China Miéville
Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson
The Diamond Age by Neal Stephenson
Battle Royale by Koushun Takami
Requiem for a Dream by Hurbert Selby Jr.
Number9Dream by David Mitchell
Going After Cacciato by Tim O'Brien
Dune by Frank Herbert
Neuromancer by William Gibson
All the Names by José Saramago
A Scanner Darkly by Philip K. Dick
The Caves of Steel by Isaac Asimov
Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon

Lullaby - Chuck Palahniuk
Left Behind - Tim La Haye/Jerry B. Jenkins
Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
Dune - Frank Herbert
Neuromancer - William Gibson
Complete Prose - Woody Allen
25th Hour - David Benioff
High Fidelity - Nick Hornby

being the father of 2 small boys i'm lucky to get 5 minutes to myself for a read. i tend to read on the bog these days that's why it's taken 5 months to read the corrections by jonathan franzen!
summer list ;
the 39 steps john buchanan
homage to catalonia george orwell

any more would be wishful thinking. :)

I haven't come up with a list, but I need one! Two of you listed Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson. I've been looking at that one every time I go to the book store.

The only one I know I have to re-read is the 4th Harry Potter. I'm about to shell out a lot of money for two copies of the 5th one in a couple of weeks. (Two boys, neither want to wait until the one reads it. I know it's crazy but, hey, it's a book! Can't complain much about that.)

I plan to read every Sherlock Holmes story by Arthur Conan Doyle, but other than that I have no plans. I continually change my mind on what I want to read. Of course, I must read Nineteen Eighty Four by George Orwell for a class.

I see some people here are also going to read Dune. I've written somewhwere about my plans connected with these books, so I won't repeat myself.;)

As for the whole summer, I never make any lists. My choice of literature depends on my mood, which I cannot forsee. Besides, you can never know if you will like a book, or not. And I'm used to not finishing any book, which I don't enjoy. Except it's a requirement at my studies.

Originally posted by Idun
I see some people here are also going to read Dune. I've written somewhwere about my plans connected with these books, so I won't repeat myself.;)
Darren, maybe that's an idea for one of the next books of the month?

In that case I'll do my best to finish all six books, one by one, as soon as it's possible.

I've removed the books I've read, and added a few more...I'll never get through all of this ^_^;;;;;

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson
The Scar by China Miéville
The Diamond Age by Neal Stephenson
Battle Royale by Koushun Takami
Requiem for a Dream by Hurbert Selby Jr.
Dune by Frank Herbert
Neuromancer by William Gibson
All the Names by José Saramago
Blindness by José Saramago
A Scanner Darkly by Philip K. Dick
The Caves of Steel by Isaac Asimov
Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon
One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Dracula by Bram Stoker
Imajica by Clive Barker

Lol, i love reading but never actually make a list! umm, so i guess my summer reading list is whatever comes to mind, sounds good, and is cheap ;)

Back