• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

SUPPLEMENTARY POLL!! Themed Reads Part III

Vote for your top FOUR themes!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mehastings

Please read this thread and this thread before you vote!

OK, I've finally got the time to get back to this idea. I went through the suggestion thread and picked ten "themes" that were discussed. I picked at least one theme that each member suggested to make things fair. For those of you who suggested more than one I played the "eeny meeny" game. I think we've got a good list with some "serious" suggestions and some "not so serious" ones.

Here's how the voting will go: I'm going to let people choose more than one theme. However, I want you to limit yourselves to only four votes. Anyone who chooses more than four will have all of their votes eliminated. Voting is public (sorry). Voting will be open until April 30, and the first themed month will be July. I'll take the liberty to assign each of the chosen themes to months.

Award Winners - books that have somewhat recently (does not need to be current year) won major literary awards
Banned Books - books that are banned anywhere
Beach Reads - fun "summer" reading you might not normally pick up
"Cant Win Em All" - No suggestions taken. We'll use the second place books (that still haven't won) for the past ten months.
Happy Holidays - holiday/winter themed books
Horror - Anything scary.
Mysteries - Only requirement, try not to suggest books in the middle of series that the rest of us won't understand.
Non-Fiction - Any topic.
Short Story Collections - Any author, any genre.
Sports - Any sport/nationality need not be non-fiction or be about professional athletes.

OK. I don't know if I'll get back here today, so I'm closing this poll now. Winners are:
Award Winners
Banned Books
Non-Fiction
Short Story Collections

I figured that we could do award winners in March in honor of the Booker Prize which is awarded in March. We can do Banned Books in September because that is when Banned Book Week is. The other two, I just flipped a coin, so Non-Fiction will be July and Short Story Collections will be December.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back