• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Suzanne Collins: The Hunger Games trilogy

HGT_Fan

Have anyone here started reading The Hunger Games Trilogy? I would recommend it to young adults, but not kids, because it contains a little bit of violence. Teens pitted against each other in order to survive. But I think it's a very interesting book. The third book will be released next month.

I will speak up that those older would possibly enjoy this series. I pre-ordered the last book from Amazon and will be turning 40 years old before it arrives. It's been a great series. The characters face many complex issues and the way they handle them has made the stories very compelling.

I have only read a few of the Eragon books and I think they're terribly written, though the general story is basically star wars so story is ok. I only forced myself to read 2 of them though.

Hunger games, I do want to try though.

Mockingjay

The final book of The Hunger Games trilogy had been released yesterday. :) I am reading it right now! :)

I know, it's an older thread, but still...

I need to voice my opinion on this one. My grandmother bought these books for my son, and I read all of his books before he does (screening, you know?)... while I wouldn't let my seven year old touch these just yet, considering there's some 'controversial' issues mentioned here and there, I personally ADORED them. I've slammed through all three books twice now, and I can't get enough. The movie's slated, too, by the way... and I encourage EVERYONE to pick these up... I haven't been this moved by a novel in YEARS... and all three moved the heck out of me. I even bought the tee shirt, key chain and board game... and my current computer desktop is Hunger Games art... seriously one of the BEST trilogies I've read in a very long time!

It's a good series so far... I'm almost done 2 (Catching Fire). They'd be great for school lit classes... possibly 8th or 9th grade I think.

Not the best series I've ever read, but enjoyable. Not even all that original (essense of: The Most Dangerous Game) but well written and fun, even if it is somewhat dark.

Hunger Games

I know this is currently the thing to read. I have the first one on my Kindle (saving it for the beach).

I'd like to hear if those who've read them think I'm going to be sorry I didn't get the second and third ones to take with me to Mexico. I have LOTS to read on the Kindle, but I've heard Hunger Games is good enough that I'm going to want to read all three in a clump. Yes? No?

I am about 150 pages into book 1. It started out slow and I really hated her writing style the first 30 pages or so, but I kept reading and now I actually like it. I think it just takes some time to get used to her writing. I wish it was a little more graphic, and it very well might become more graphic, because it is a book where the premise is 24 kids, locked on a island, for a battle to the death.

I read an amazon review that said this might be more graphic than game of thrones (I just finished these 4 books), and I definitely have been disappointed that it hasn't lived up to that at all.

But, 150 pages in, I think it is a pretty good book.

it didn't get more graphic. I still really enjoyed the book, but I wish she would have went a little more into the battles and fights.

I just finished this a couple of weeks ago.
I am in my late twenties and I really enjoyed this trilogy. I could not put it down. My husband also read it and he enjoyed it too.

I've just finished the first book and really enjoyed it ! I thought I wouldn't like it, when I read the synopsis, but someone lend me the book and told me to give it a try, and I'm glad she did !
I'm looking forward to read the other two that she will lend me too :)

The first book was by far the best in my opinion....the second was all right but more of the same...and the third was more about the revolution not really about the games at all.

Back