• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Tamora Pierce

I was wondering what you all thought of Tamora Pierce.

Personally, she is my favourite author, and one of the few authors I actually follow. She's written 26 novels to date, all of them fantasy novels with female protagonists. I love how she's taken a genre that usually is male dominated and made it her own. I love her creative plots and ideas, and the extensive backstory on her worlds. Her characters are well developed and very likeable. I admit that her writing is a little simplistic and at times childish, probably because the books are mainly aimed at young adults. Still they are a very good read.

My favourite series by her is the Circle of Magic series which tells the story of four young mages brought together by their teacher. I love the relationship that develops between the characters - it's almost like they're siblings. Also their magics are all extrememly unique and interesting to explore. Another of my favourites is the Trickster series, which tells the story of a young girl who wishes to become a spy for the realm. I love the originality of the character. She's fickle, melodramatic, childish and flamboyant, but also determined and hardworking.

So, what do you guys think of her? Any other fans?

Back