• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

tanya reinhart

Elisa

I'm reading Israel/Palestine - how to end the war of 1948 and it's worrying me. Here an Israeli saying the opposite of what we usually think about the israeli/palestinian situation and stating that the israeli propaganda is carried around by the western society and keeps laying. For example she writes that the camp david meeting in 2000 failed cause the israeli had really no intention to reach an agreement but they (and the press) managed to lay all blame to the arabs. And I went looking in wikipedia where it's written more than once than the peace agreement failed because of arafat.
Does anybody know this writer? Is she reliable? Thanks!

Tanya,
That book is new to me, so thanks for noting it.
My suggestion for trying to understand the situation is to try to become informed as well as one can (and it won't be easy) with respect to the actual details of the various peace offers and proposals that have been spoken of, rather than trying to divine the intentions or thoughts of one side or the other for rejecting or accepting them. At least one can look at the factualities of the situation rather than trying to divine hidden thoughts and intents.

Back